Asterion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've run into a bit of a problem with a move route failing to continue. In one section, I've got a kid running around in a circle - just a loop of moving some steps in each direction, set in the autonomous movement. There are no problems with resuming if the player stands in their way and then talks to them and/or moves, or talks to them while standing to the path's side. However, there is a problem if the player talks to them while they're on the corner of their route and facing the player - instead of continuing, the kid will turn early, or stop entirely:

kid running.jpg

I'm not sure what could be causing this, especially with how specifically it seems to occur, and I have no idea what could be added or changed to keep them on the route. Is anyone familiar with this sort of thing happening?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please post a screenshot of your event, with the move route showing.  Then indicate at what point you interrupt them that causes this issue, and whether it's before that movement or after.

Can't tell in those screenshots who is your PC and who is the NPC, or where the movement path is, or where you interrupt them.

Asterion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please post a screenshot of your event, with the move route showing.  Then indicate at what point you interrupt them that causes this issue, and whether it's before that movement or after.

Can't tell in those screenshots who is your PC and who is the NPC, or where the movement path is, or where you interrupt them.

...Shoot, sorry, yes, that would not be the file with the path marked.

kid running path.jpg

The circles are points where talking to the kid causes everything to go pear-shaped.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Works fine for me.  You've either got something weird with the setup in your event, or you're using a script that changes the behaviour.

Can you please show a screenshot of your NPC event?  Include the whole event window - I would like to see the triggers, the tabs, as well as the move route (so if you've got it set up in Autonomous Movement could you please open that window too and move it so it doesn't obscure the triggers or the tabs, and screenshot the whole lot?)

Asterion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Works fine for me.  You've either got something weird with the setup in your event, or you're using a script that changes the behaviour.

Can you please show a screenshot of your NPC event?  Include the whole event window - I would like to see the triggers, the tabs, as well as the move route (so if you've got it set up in Autonomous Movement could you please open that window too and move it so it doesn't obscure the triggers or the tabs, and screenshot the whole lot?)

Well, now I'm really baffled... I tried shifting some dialogue chunks over to a different page, so the screenshot could focus on stuff that could be related, and I was suddenly unable to replicate the bug. The same held when I tried re-adding the dialogue. My only guess is that a variable change might have been in the wrong line, and slipped back into place during the shift. Hopefully it won't need any more shifting, but thank you for the help!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have multiple pages/tabs for your NPC event?  Changing the conditions to activate a new tab WILL cause the current move route to be abandoned.

Asterion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you have multiple pages/tabs for your NPC event?  Changing the conditions to activate a new tab WILL cause the current move route to be abandoned.

At the time of error, I only added pages in order to save the bits I'd removed, and set impossible conditions on activating those pages.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show us the event pages as you have them. There is a good chance that you made only a small mistake that you don't know of and haven't described yet - if we can see your event pages, it usually takes us only seconds to detect the problem while descriptions often omit important parts of the event.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhinx