Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

interstellar_name.png

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
  • Akuji the rogue planet is looking for a solar system to call home. Can you locate a sun in an hour of human time?—that's billions of years of searching for our lonely little planet...
  • Press "T" to toggle your drifting ability on and off, or use the mouse click, arrow keys, or WASD (QEZX for diagonals) to search for a solar system in deep space.
  • Ride the Black Hole Express to different parts of space (you'll be blown to pieces and reassembled as part of your travel fee).
  • Save your game at moons.
  • Custom sprites, parallax maps, game over screen, and event-only battle system, plus non-RTP music and sound effects.
  • Three endings!—can you unlock them all?

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
interstellar1.JPG
interstellar5.JPG
interstellar7.JPG
interstellar2.JPG
interstellar3.JPG
interstellar6.JPG

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
  • Akuji is a rogue planet thrown out of its original star system by a gas giant.
  • Stars include Tau Ceti, Epsilon Eridani, and other familiar celestial names.
  • Planets, stars, black holes, white holes, and moons will have conversations with you!
  • Asteroids, strangelets, and the Strange Planet want to destroy you—but you can talk them out of it.
  • The mysterious satellite will change the formation of the distant stars...
  • Philosopher Jones is a cat flying through space, and he'd love to take a picture of you in exchange for a free level-up.

SECTION C: STORYLINE/SETTING
  • Akuji was knocked out of its original star system by a gas giant. Now its time to find a new sun to call home.
  • Not all stars can support the life Akuji needs to maintain consciousness; so just because Akuji finds a star drifting through space, doesn't mean the quest for a home is over...
  • As Akuji drifts through space, the life forms it sustains rely solely on the hot core at the center of the rocky planet.
  • If Akuji encounters strangelets, and hasn't leveled up from forays with asteroids, it's definitely game over. But it's easy to run away!
  • Non-linear story means you can explore space in any order, as long as you don't pit your low-level planet against high-level threats.
  • When Akuji finds a star to call home, or gives up searching, the ending sequence will bring this interstellar story to a close...

DOWNLOAD LINK

barnzie8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, beat it twice by finding Tau ceti both within 5 minutes. Interacting with objects can be quite tricky, using ENTER as a interact/gravity pull button could help, I chased some objects for a while. Curious to see what other oddities are out there, assuming I got the easiest ending.

k_mckenzie

Fey.Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, beat it twice by finding Tau ceti both within 5 minutes. Interacting with objects can be quite tricky, using ENTER as a interact/gravity pull button could help, I chased some objects for a while. Curious to see what other oddities are out there, assuming I got the easiest ending.
Tau Ceti is one of the endings that can happen really quickly. I need to find a way to make larger sprites work on Player Touch. We're adding more in February; I'll see if I can't make a gravity pull!—that's such a cool idea!

Thank you for playing our game. :D

k_mckenzie

Fey.Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We have more content planned for Valentine's Day, but in the meantime, we've updated Interstellar Orphan to add a new ability for interacting with objects: Gravity Well!

Update notes:
  • Akuji now learns Gravity Well at Level 3. This ability pulls other celestial bodies closer, adding another layer of interactivity with planets and stars as you speed through the universe.
  • Fixed a bug where some asteroids (or Akuji) didn't die when reaching zero hit points.
  • Included more tutorials and guides for touchscreen, mouse, and keyboard support.
InterstellarOrphan2.JPG

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

palatkorn wrote on Kes's profile.
Hello i have a question Regarding the topic of games in my development, is there anything that I can't post yet?

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah