RMMV Into The Clouds (Cancelled )

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by UnknownJones, May 28, 2017.

?

Do you think this game has a chance?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnknownJones

UnknownJones The Furry Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This project has been cancelled
    But you can still play it! At (I will add link when I get home)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. UnknownJones

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bump

3. Eviticous

Eviticous Node Js Developer By Trade, FF14 Player By Heart Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you have any screen shots?

4. Abdulla Al-Farsi

Abdulla Al-Farsi Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    Please, add some screenshots.

5. UnknownJones

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sorry I have decided to cancel this project for reasons such as I wasn't feeling like that it was worthy for me to complete and I just felt drained, the genre wasn't good for just starting back out you will see the new project very soon.

6. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Aw, R.I.P to my jetpack then! :kaocry: I saw you had posted a demo, but I've been in the middle of setting up a new computer, so I didn't get to test it out.

Though I do understand, I've cancelled one or two games before. :kaoswt2: Is this one of your first games? I think it's all too easy to decide to make some huge and super awesome game, but when you get down to working on it, there's just so many things that will chisel away at your willpower. If we compared games made vs games dropped, the difference would be huge. Unless you have a great team, or lots of adoring fans to motivate you, it is really difficult just to keep going each day. For this new project, why not take the time sit down, and properly plan out what you'd like to achieve? Don't try to aim for perfection, just do what you can and what you enjoy.

The first game I made had awesome custom faces, and then everything else was awful empty RTP maps because I didn't know and didn't care about making a good map. I just wanted to make the story. It took me about a month to make 2 hours of pretty meh gameplay, but still, it did it's job, and I enjoy playing it because I put myself into it, and that's what game making as all about! :kaopride:

I hope you manage to find a genre you love, and the inspiration to fight through all the feelings of self doubt and worry to make your game! I'll be rooting for it's release! :kaoluv:

7. UnknownJones

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't worry your jetpack is going to be in the new game! And I have made games before but that was about a year ago and I had a decent game that I'm planning on kinda remaking in this project as I've gotten smarter since then. But I did start a project that was never gonna go to the public because it had real names and it was just so I could start out making games again... I worked on the game for 3 days or so and I decided to move on and come back later but I ended up just deleting it. I really appreciate your support and I will just be making simple a rpg/jrpg (sorry I'm not good with rpg genres) but I have no plans for fancy mechanics.

8. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Woo Hoo! :kaoluv: It was fun to make anyway, but I think it'll be even sweeter to see it on a character :)

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of typical rpg mechanics anyway, so whether they're simple or crazy doesn't really affect my interest in a game, I tend to veer towards an enjoyable story and lovable characters instead! As long as you make your game with passion, I think it will show through. :kaopride:

9. Abdulla Al-Farsi

Abdulla Al-Farsi Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    Don't give up!

I'm sure you can develop a great game.

Good luck :)

10. UnknownJones

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    sadly this project will never be seen again i deleted it off my computer and media fire :aswt: it wasn't in a good state anyways

11. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @UnknownJones It happens sometimes! (Well, more often that not if I'm being honest.) A project I put a lot of time in ended up being cancelled recently, so I know exactly how it feels. :(

But, you must not lose faith in yourself and your ability to create! There's a reason you started to make a game, and as long as you hold onto that you have reason to keep trying. Plus you'd hope that, actually, every cancelled game is a learning experience you can put towards the next one. What did you enjoy and what was harder? How did your thinking change from the start of the project up until cancelling it? Did you go into it being unsure if it was worthwhile from the start? (That's a recipe for disaster.) If you started it with excitement, what made you loose faith, and what can you do to prevent that next time?

As long as you keep going, you'll keep growing. Keep fighting friend :kaoluv:

(P.s. If you'd like a mod to close this thread, just report your first message (the report button is right underneath) and ask them to lock it for you.)

12. UnknownJones

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thank you for the support :LZSsmile:

13. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.