Galenmereth

I thought what I'd do was
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks great, but l'll personally would have preferred it on the bottom of the screen, it seriously bothers me this way (mainly because it can easily hide the character). But that's just a personal preference.
Hmm, I'll look at that. It might be better on the bottom, although the benefit of this is that it pops up where your eyes are when you pick up an item. It disappears quickly, too, so it won't hide your character for long :)

So those lamps in the pub are from the victor light engine?  You can't really get that throbbing glow effect with khas awesome lights, right?
That is correct. I'm using Victor's light engine :) I found his to be the best optimized and most usable solution to what I'm doing with it. I've customized it a bit to make it work with pictures (it overlaps pictures <99 normally), but it worked very well out of the box.

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick little update so people don't think this project is dead :) I've had to take a break from development after having a spinal tap/lumbar puncture done. I was "lucky" and got the post-puncture headaches that are like migraines on steroid. Caffeine helps in short intervals, but I have to lay on my back all day long with my eyes mostly closed. Hopefully it'll pass soon and I can get back to working on my game.

Looking forward to share some real updates with you very soon!

Have a great day!

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick little update so people don't think this project is dead :) I've had to take a break from development after having a spinal tap/lumbar puncture done. I was "lucky" and got the post-puncture headaches that are like migraines on steroid. Caffeine helps in short intervals, but I have to lay on my back all day long with my eyes mostly closed. Hopefully it'll pass soon and I can get back to working on my game.

Looking forward to share some real updates with you very soon!

Have a great day!
I'm sorry that you're sick, hope you get better soon.

Good luck for everything^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uh, another quick update: I survived my trip to the hospital and my post-lumbar bedridden state, and I've picked up development again. Now, I've been sharing a lot of info earlier and gone back and forth on ideas and concepts. I feel like taking my time to get a few "variables" right before I release anything else, for fear of looking like the scatterbrain that I am when it comes to gameplay design. Rest assured I'll get these things locked down pretty soon, and meanwhile I've got a lot of new elements for the world's backstory. Tír na nÓg is a fascinating concept I want to play around with – especially combined with the core theme of the story, the melancholy of entropy – and so are some of the concepts behind Norse mythology; I am named after one of those gods, after all, so I feel obliged to let the northern tribes be inspired by my forefathers. Rest assured I won't be ripping any mythology wholesale, though; I'll be using them by stuffing them into the "what if" context of my world :) The next update will have concrete stuff, I promise. And screenshots!

Dalph

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're back! Glad to see you're doing well, keep us up with the updates!

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Impeccable mapping skills!

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are some teasers for what's to come:

And a short video:

C-C-C-Cashmere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dam that lighting is restrictive. Reckon you could ease up on the blackness?

Edit: Also, good to hear you are well again. I didn't even know you were sick, tbh.

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might; I'm not done tweaking things for these areas. But they are specifically designed around it, so the layout is relatively simple to support the severe sight restrictions :)

These are all shots from the rewritten beginning of the game, by the way.

Edit: Here's showing one of the areas complete with thunder and lightning:

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's an early glimpse at the "spirit walk" mechanic in the game:

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Very interesting mechanic, this Spirit walk.

I like it !

Dalph

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh...nice one, your game is getting better and better.

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Entities that can be interacted with while spirit walking will glow, while everything else dims. The purpose of the mechanic isn't to spy on people's thoughts, however; it will be to use their spirit bonds to visit people they are strongly attached to, to pass through obstacles and observe otherwise hidden areas, and to observe spiritual phenomena such as entangled energy. Don't worry; it won't be as "over the top" as it might sound, but it will provide a lot of interesting scenery and story elements. Below is a video of refinements to the mechanic I did today:

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Soul searching

Characters with knots of trapped energy glow differently, and will allow you to perform a "soul search" by entering their spirit realm. By navigating their realm, you will "untie" their energy due to the nature of the spiritwalker's presence; doing this will allow you to explore characters in the world and their past, and ultimately that might end up affecting the main storyline. Of course, even if it at times won't directly affect the main story, you will learn more about these people and gain a deeper understanding of their lives and the world they live in.

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More customized goodness: Main status menu and item bag!

I've removed the download link to the demo for now, as it's very outdated. In not too long I'll release a new alpha version with more content than before, and all the new stuff implemented. Stay tuned for some story heavy posts soon, too!

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tl;dr: Intra Mundum is still alive, but as a one-man project, personal challenges have kept me from active development for the last few months. I'm getting back into it now, and a substantial update will follow soon-ish.

It's really been way too long since I provided any updates. Between last update and this, there's been so many changes in my personal life that I've had to put the project in the backseat for a long time. However, it looks like I'll finally have the time and ability to continue working on it, and I'll be providing more frequent updates very soon.

Of course, the project hasn't been completely frozen all this time, but what I've been able to work on isn't something that I can reveal without either spoiling the game, or it won't make sense as standalone information. Things like storyline development, fleshing out the "universe" the story takes place in, developing characters, and overall gameplay considerations. My next update, however, should be more substantial; I'm aiming for a demo that shows off the new direction of the game (according to earlier posts, when combat was removed) and the new interface changes highlighted in videos above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenBratva