billx94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Synopsis:

Journey through Ferrax with chapter 1 of Intrabit Deos! The Forest of Lost Souls Guardian has become weak. As Ghosts seep out into the world of Ferrax a young man named Oisin from Storef Village is tasked with getting aid from the King of Flos. Enjoy 5-8hrs of adventure through Ferrax where you will meet Hunters, Priests, Knights and many more unique characters as you utilize classic turn-based RPG.

Characters:​
  • Oisin – A young Hunter who lives in Storef Village. He has a strong sense of honour and helpfulness.
  • Harold – The General of the great Absconditus Army. He is known throughout Ferrax for his swordsman ship.
  • Mikey – A shady older gentleman who is adapt in magical and physical moves; he seems to let on more than he knows.
  • Aemulus – A Sorceress who is led astray by unknown forces, powerful yet frightened.
Features:​
  • Class System – 7 classes to be unlocked as you meet characters in your journey and 1 hidden class obtainable if you pay attention to the little things.
  • Blacksmith – Craft your own Weapons and Armour as you find Abandoned Mines and huge Mountains filled with Ore.
  • Alchemy – Create potions to heal and upgrade stats during battle by collecting Flowers, Berries and more in every nook and cranny in Ferrax
  • Elemental Weapons – Attached and change elemental Runes to weapons as you deliver devastating blows to your enemies.
  • Monster & Item Encyclopaedia – Use the Encyclopaedias to keep track of every Enemy you face and every Item you collect.
Download:
Available for Mac and PC with IOS in the works!

Screenshots:​

Attachments

• Battle 1.png
    Battle 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • Battle 2.png
    Battle 2.png
    806.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Forest.png
    Forest.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • Jail.png
    Jail.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Maze.png
    Maze.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Ship.png
    Ship.png
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • Title.png
    Title.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • Workbench.png
    Workbench.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 19

Spermidine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I hate to say this, because you obviously put a lot of effort into the crafting system in particular, but concerning story, presentation, dialogues and atmosphere, this is one of the worst JRPGs that I've played in a long time. The use of "sample maps", the overexcessive use of annoying, view-obstructing wind/leaf/cloud effects, a ton of spelling/grammar mistakes and the lack of a save anywhere feature are also the among the things I didn't like. While I played until the airship ride, I can't bring myself to continue my playthrough. Sadly, I can't recommend this game in its current state.

billx94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Spermidine

Come on dude, that’s not the purpose of this community. We don’t **** on each other’s stuff we give positive constructive criticism back to help improve each other’s games! You have only played an hour of the game how could you possibly know the story or atmosphere? I hate the first hour of Chrono trigger but it’s necessary. There are only 4 sample maps used in the section you’ve played and sample maps aren’t a bad thing they helped me create more extensive maps in the later parts of the game and helped me learn how to lay out a map. Fair enough on the weather effects. I personally like them but everyone has there own opinion What gramma and spelling mistakes? I would love to know them to correct any, one person can only do so much, stuff seeps through the cracks. No saving anywhere was an active choice, it means you need to prepare for travels, enemy fights and use your gold wisely, being able to save is a cop out and it’s the same as save states in emulations, for me it feels like cheating.

Spermidine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
You're mistaken about a couple of things. First of all, I you had checked my post history, you would have noticed that I provide extensive feedback to the games I complete and like - see, for example, "Heart of Grimm Ever After" or "Azshura" (on the other hand, you can't expect me to proofread an entire game that I don't want to play anymore). These games were by no means perfect, but the developers know the basics of storytelling. I don't criticize the storytelling just because I don't like the premise or certain elements, I simply criticize your obvious lack of technical ability or you being too lazy to the flesh the story out more.

Since I'm a very thorough player and like to outgrind the challenge (all the more so when I can't save anywhere), I spent 6 to 7 hours with your game, by the way. Your game's story from my perspective so far:

Hero: Village Elder, I was attacked by a spirit from the forest.
Village Elder: Go visit my old friend X somewhere else, she can help you to gain an audience with the King.
No explanation why.
Hero arrives at X's house.
X: Find my lost key, then I will help you.
Hero finds lost key and returns.
X: Now you have to pass a test before I will help you.
No explanation why.
Hero goes through the house's back door, which somehow leads to a damp cave.
No explanation why.
At the end of the cave, the hero must defeat a mirror image of himself.
No explanation why.
Hero can now visit the King, quelling a random prisoner riot in between.
King: Visit the prince, he can help you.
No explanation why.
Hero visits the prince.
Prince: We must travel to another country. Follow me.
No Explanation why.
Hero travels with prince on airship, airship is attacked and crashes.
No explanation why.

The characters are empty husks, the player doesn't get to know anything about them. This is one more reason why you can't expect the player to care about your "epic" story if dialogues are as long and "sophisticated" as in Dragon Quest I. Everything just happens "because of plot", and no one questions anything. And if the dialogues in cutscenes weren't already bad enough, NPC dialogues are even worse. They usually consist of one-liners like "I love chickens." There isn't any interaction or verbal exchange between the party and the NPCs. Instead, the player is yelled at several times when talking to NPCs: "WHAT DO YOU WANT???!!!" (yes, in capital letters and with additional exclamation and question marks).

I also don't particularly like the first hour of Chrono Trigger, but I still acknowledge that even this first hour is excellently written and serves its purpose. If you really played Chrono Trigger, you must realize that your approach and style don't even come close to crafting a solid JRPG world and story. Fortunately, I've played enough JRPGs to not fall for empty "It gets better later" promises. If - against all odds - it really gets better later, then make the beginning as good.

If you follow the discussions on this board or elsewhere, you will see that most players prefer a save anywhere option for good reasons. No one wants to lose an hour of progress caused by some random bug, just because it wasn't possible to save the game. Furthermore, players won't be inclined to try out "dangerous activities" in your game when they can't save the game anywhere. For example, many RPG Maker JRPGs suffer from movement-related freezing bugs (the game freezes because a walking actor is blocked by something). Let players save anywhere and they're willing to discover these issues for you. In general, let players play the game how they want. As long as I can save at all, I will find a way to play the game how I want (unless I have had enough), even against your wishes and intentions, although gritting my teeth in the process.

If I'm really wrong about your game, then I'm sure you will be showered with praise by other players soon. May other players try out your game and provide you with the constructive criticism that you're allegedly looking for.

strife094

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Very simple and beautiful of you to make this game. It looks pretty well modded and even maps feel very well professionally designed. The weather effects really do catch the eye.

Spermidine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
As I suspected, the developer isn't interested in constructive criticism, but instead wants only cheap praise. Thanks to this black sheep of a developer, I'll probably refrain from supporting any developer here from now on.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I found a book about game localization. It costs R$708,00 on Amazon. ;_;
I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! My dad and I have forgiven each other, so we're planning to spend Spring Break together. We'll probably go to SeaWorld and Aquatica one day, and maybe even use my air fryer to make something to go with Dad's grilled steak. The train leaves tomorrow, and I'll be working on my game on board!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Red_panda18