NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good day everyone :D

I'm very newbie here and I hope we can be friends :3 even tho maybe I won't always be online here ('^_^)ノ

So, I already bought RPG Maker MV from Steam like 5 months ago maybe and I also bought some DLC for it. And I just able to use it because those opengl32.dll thing. I need to download it so I can use the RPG Maker. Well, weird things happen after that. I did find my DLC that I bought, but I also did find another thing that I don't think I bought it too. So here's what I found:

1. BaseResource
2. BaseResource_Compressed
3. DarkFantasyCharacterPack
4. ExtraAssets
5. KadokawaPlugins
6. KadokawaPlugins_New
7. Magic_and_SFPack(for_v1.6)
8. Modern_Generator
9. parallax_Resource_Pack
10. RPG Maker Freebies
11. RPGmakerWeb_Plugins
12. Sangokushi

I don't remember very well if I ever download it somewhere and put it on the folder. So, if anyone know if it comes with the RPG Maker that I bought, let me know :3 I mean, it's very rude if I use those without knowing who created it. And I'll be unable to put it in my Credits

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, those come with MV. I'm not sure who made all the resources, but I know the plugins all have the names of the creators. Check the folders and see if there are any text files listing artist names.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And I just able to use it because those opengl32.dll thing. I need to download it so I can use the RPG Maker.
that should not be neccessary, not unless you're using the wrong display driver.
The OpenGL library needs only to be installed manually for older display drivers as all regular display drivers have included the required version for several years by now.
The only exception are Microsoft-programmed drivers, those have only limited or no OGL support because the OGL is competition to DirectX.
But the drivers from the chip manufacturers always include the OGL because DX is windows-only and the OGL is required for most systems other than Windows.

Zeecry

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, those come with MV. I'm not sure who made all the resources, but I know the plugins all have the names of the creators. Check the folders and see if there are any text files listing artist names.
Thanks, I thought I was download it somewhere and put them on DLC folder
Oh and one thing, can I open my VX Ace project with MV?

that should not be neccessary, not unless you're using the wrong display driver.
The OpenGL library needs only to be installed manually for older display drivers as all regular display drivers have included the required version for several years by now.
The only exception are Microsoft-programmed drivers, those have only limited or no OGL support because the OGL is competition to DirectX.
But the drivers from the chip manufacturers always include the OGL because DX is windows-only and the OGL is required for most systems other than Windows.
Yeah well, mine is Mobile Intel 4 series Express ('^_^) pretty old I think, so does the driver. But I didn't get those error when I still using Windows 7, but when I upgrade it to Win 10, that white screen happen

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, you can't open your VX Ace project with MV. But there IS a script that comes with the DLC (I wrote it) that will let you convert most of your project to MV.

The thread is here:

You can use the script from the DLC folder or the one from the thread there. Follow the instructions to convert your database and maps to MV format. If you added any scripts, they won't work and you'll need to find replacements. If you added any script calls - either as script calls, a script in a conditional branch or control variables command, or in damage formula - you will need to check them and see if they still work. If any rely on scripts added to your game, they won't work. And you will need to resize all the graphics manually. Ksi has also done a really good demo that you can find on YouTube.

Depending on how far you are with your game, you may be better off just starting over.

Zeecry

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, you can't open your VX Ace project with MV. But there IS a script that comes with the DLC (I wrote it) that will let you convert most of your project to MV.

The thread is here:

You can use the script from the DLC folder or the one from the thread there. Follow the instructions to convert your database and maps to MV format. If you added any scripts, they won't work and you'll need to find replacements. If you added any script calls - either as script calls, a script in a conditional branch or control variables command, or in damage formula - you will need to check them and see if they still work. If any rely on scripts added to your game, they won't work. And you will need to resize all the graphics manually. Ksi has also done a really good demo that you can find on YouTube.

Depending on how far you are with your game, you may be better off just starting over.
Great, thanks for the info. But the project from VX Ace is already done. Maybe I'll just convert the map

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Converting the map will convert the events as well. And the events will need the database converted. And you'll still need to convert all the graphics.

If you want to convert just the map TILES and not include the events, let me know, because I've done that myself and can tell you what change you need to make to the script to exclude the events from the maps. And then of course you'd only copy over your maps, and the MapInfos and Tilesets data files, but leave the other database files alone.

Zeecry

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Converting the map will convert the events as well. And the events will need the database converted. And you'll still need to convert all the graphics.

If you want to convert just the map TILES and not include the events, let me know, because I've done that myself and can tell you what change you need to make to the script to exclude the events from the maps. And then of course you'd only copy over your maps, and the MapInfos and Tilesets data files, but leave the other database files alone.
I guess I just want the map. I'll recreate the event with MV

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So looking at version 2 of the script, you could comment out the following lines by putting # at the start:

25-34, 36, 37 (leave 35 and 38 alone) - so it skips database conversion, apart from tilesets and mapinfos.

Then go down and insert a new line between 938 and 939, and add this:
Code:
return '[]'
so it looks like this:
Code:
def self.get_map_events(events)
  return '[]'
  res = '['
That will give you just those two database files that you'll need for the map structure and tileset info, as well as the map layout. No events will be converted, and this means if you have any events that just have tile images (as some people do to add an extra layer), you'll need to redo those.

And again, you'll need to upscale your tileset images or build new ones, unless you use my Change Tile Size plugin, also included with the DLC (I think) to use 32x32 tiles in MV.

Zeecry

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So looking at version 2 of the script, you could comment out the following lines by putting # at the start:

25-34, 36, 37 (leave 35 and 38 alone) - so it skips database conversion, apart from tilesets and mapinfos.

Then go down and insert a new line between 938 and 939, and add this:
Code:
return '[]'
so it looks like this:
Code:
def self.get_map_events(events)
  return '[]'
  res = '['
That will give you just those two database files that you'll need for the map structure and tileset info, as well as the map layout. No events will be converted, and this means if you have any events that just have tile images (as some people do to add an extra layer), you'll need to redo those.

And again, you'll need to upscale your tileset images or build new ones, unless you use my Change Tile Size plugin, also included with the DLC (I think) to use 32x32 tiles in MV.
Allright, I'llgive it a try. Thanks a lot :D

hibusumu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello and welcome ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FLXYM