Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

So I made an intro for my game and the event is set for autorun. I decided to save my game so then I can keep testing as I was progressing throughout the game. When I decided to make another region to go to, I entered an event that made me switch to the next region. But when I returned to my save, it replayed the entire intro, except I was standing in the same place I saved at. How can I change it so that it doesn't restart like that again?

1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tutorials is for presenting tutorials you wrote yourself, not for asking questions.

Most probably you did - that might be a result of playtesting. If you edit a map in the editor and then launch a playtest, the loadgame function detects that the map has been updated and reloads it. And that will cause all events that used the command "erase event" instead of a switch to re-run.

If that is not the case, we need to see screenshots of the event - screenshots of the ingame view don't tell us what commands you used with which options.

Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oops! I'm sorry! I didn't see how it got posted in the tutorials!

Very, very strange. I exported the game as compressed data. And the issue just went away. Thank you!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as I said - that is one of the special effects of playtesting, and the playtesting functions only work when started from the editor.

A final game.exe does not have the special overrides, so it works without them.

Another example is that the [ctrl] key disables passability during playtest, so that you can test the game without getting stuck on a map - but in the regular game.exe, that no longer works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh. Some days you're the car... and some days you're the road.
Highly opinionated world-building mapping
Working on an audio engine plugin for MZ! Check this out with your sound on (preferably stereo sound too). Multiple BGM and BGS channels and spatial audio (volume and panning)!
Got the menu problem sorted out, now most of the systems are in place and I can focus on the plot and the maps!
Im really Happy that the MZ Hero looks like a Boy than a Man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sality