Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by JoelMarler, Apr 28, 2019.

1. JoelMarler

JoelMarler Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey everyone: I've been on the forums for almost a year now, so I think it's high time I introduce myself.

I'm Joel, a board game turned choose-your-own-adventure turned RPG Maker game maker from New Zealand. I saw the software on Steam a long time ago and, not knowing anything about it, decided to buy it since it was 75% off. My original goal was to make a tiny game to experiment with the engine over a week or so. And so it began...

One map became two. Two maps became five. The NPCs multiplied like bacteria, and the number of switches grew to the triple digits. The only thing that stopped my project becoming a bug-ridden soup of spaghetti event threads was the advice I read here, at least while I was learning the ropes. If it wasn't for the technical support I'd probably be locked up in an insane asylum by now.

So thanks, and hello!

2. mylafter

mylafter Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi Joel! I like how you've been part of the forums for over half a year and still chose to introduce yourself. I've been part of this forum for a long time and I don't I've ever actually introduced myself yet either. (And I probably still won't.) Anyway, welcome! I agree, you can find lots of support and help from these forums. I have a few friends who used RPG Maker but later quit due to not knowing how to use it to a stronger extent. I kept encouraging them to join these type of forums for help and a better understanding. (They never took my advice btw.) But yeah, It really does help to be a part of this community. Again, welcome to the forums! :)

JoelMarler likes this.