Introduction and doubts

Drive

Horror lover
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, it's been a while since I registered on this forum for a couple of RPG Maker XP questions about 4 years ago. I have requested that my old account be deleted to avoid problems.

Now I come back because I have been studying Java programming for 2 years, and I would like to start my self-taught path in videogame development starting by working with RPG Maker MZ.
I would like to know if there are introductory topics on the most commonly used classes in MZ and instructions on how to use them in RPG Maker and such. Thank you!

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As Kes said, my Jump into Javascript series is applicable mostly to MZ. I haven't yet gotten to the part where they massively diverge code-wise.

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hi drive! welcome aboard!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I don't have pointers on what you're looking for but welcome back!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beyondbasic