Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikurou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
At the start of the game, (when pressing "New Game") is there a way to make the background black, and show messages telling the player the story or background info about the game?

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just have a blank map and use the show message.

You should totally just open up RM and do some experiments to learn the program and if you're still stuck, then ask for help. :) Playing around in the program itself is actually really helpful and if you still need more help, we do have tutorials on the site I believe. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Raikurou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

You should totally just open up RM and do some experiments to learn the program and if you're still stuck, then ask for help. :) Playing around in the program itself is actually really helpful and if you still need more help, we do have tutorials on the site I believe. :D
Thanks!

Raikurou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Wait, is there a way to change the map orders? Like which comes first, second, third, etc..? Because I already have some made and what not.

Des

timefantasy.net
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
N/A
What? The order of the maps is completely irrelevent. Just put the start position where you want it.

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah and just make sure to transfer to the right map for the next one you want the players to go to. The numbers attached to maps don't mean anything except for identifying their data files.

Raikurou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What? The order of the maps is completely irrelevent. Just put the start position where you want it.
Yeah and just make sure to transfer to the right map for the next one you want the players to go to. The numbers attached to maps don't mean anything except for identifying their data files.
No, like, I dont want any players there, I just want a black background, with big messages showing telling them information.

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is a place where you can change the player to Transparent or just don't have anyone on your starting party.

Raikurou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There is a place where you can change the player to Transparent or just don't have anyone on your starting party.
Perfect! Thank you so much!

RavenTDA

just another mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can just tint the screen black. I did this with my project. Just be sure to check the "wait for completion" and set it to 1 frame. Make sure the event is a parallel process. If you set it to auto-run it'll flash the map's image then do the event and change the screen to black. This eliminates the need for making a new map or using an image.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, everyone! :)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:
javascript'ing essentials.

So, what can I do solve this problem, guys? The plugin is MOG_Weather and I have several Yanfly plugins too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinzBandicoot