Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Title:
inVictor - Highlight Choices

Introduction:

This plugin makes Window_ChoiceList change colour of the selected choice.

Special thanks to TheoAllen for giving me the idea.

highlightChoice2.gif

Usage:

Install the plugin, chance the escape code to whatever colour you want (or any other escape code or text) and play!

Compatibility:

Any plugin that overwrites Window_ChoiceList.prototype.drawItem will
collide with this one.

Updates:

Version 2.0.2 UPDATE

Included mouse support.

Version 2.0.1 UPDATE

Fixed an error that would crash the game if there is no current Cancel option.

Version 2.0.0 UPDATE
Now the parameters can replace the whole command text. What is its purpose? Well, now you can
have "troll" NPCs that have changing lists.

Terms of use:

Terms of use​

·Free to use in comercial and non-comercial games, as long as you give credits to inVictor.
·Do not sell or claim authorship of this plugin wholy or partially.
·You can edit and adapt the code, as long as you still give credit.
·Do not redistribute this plugin.
·I reserve the right to change these terms of use (any new Terms would only apply to updated versions and not retroactively)

Download:

Last edited:

Iqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 2.0.0 UPDATE

Now the parameters can replace the whole command text. What is its purpose? Well, now you can have "troll" NPCs that have changing lists, see the GIF for an example:

Use commandText to print the regular command message.

Use commandCancel to print the message from the cancel option.

Also now you can change the text code "on the fly" by changing the content of $gameSystem._commandChoice. For example, a Script call $gameSystem._commandChoice = "Potato" before the event command Show Choices will make the selected choice to display Potato.

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 2.0.0 UPDATE

Now the parameters can replace the whole command text. What is its purpose? Well, now you can have "troll" NPCs that have changing lists, see the GIF for an example:

Use commandText to print the regular command message.

Use commandCancel to print the message from the cancel option.

Also now you can change the text code "on the fly" by changing the content of $gameSystem._commandChoice. For example, a Script call $gameSystem._commandChoice = "Potato" before the event command Show Choices will make the selected choice to display Potato.
This is a great plugin! I don't quite understand how you achieved the "troll" choices where it only lets you select one option. Can you please explain?

Iqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is a great plugin! I don't quite understand how you achieved the "troll" choices where it only lets you select one option. Can you please explain?
In the example above, the event has a choice selection where all choices are "No". Then, the highlighted code is "\\c[14]Yes", changing the selected No to Yes.

Since in this case, the choice selection is purely aesthetic and the selected option does not matter because the outcome is always gonna be Yes, you can have whatever comes below the choice selection instead of on each choice braket.

Last edited:

imcatman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi. I came here from within Discord.
I used this version to show the choices "yes" and "no". However, the highlight of the choice seems to be yellow letters from the beginning. It does not behave like the GIF images you are sending to this site.
Also, if you click "YES", you will get a syntax error like this. Can you check it once?aaaaaaa.png

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
hi. I came here from within Discord.
I used this version to show the choices "yes" and "no". However, the highlight of the choice seems to be yellow letters from the beginning. It does not behave like the GIF images you are sending to this site.
Also, if you click "YES", you will get a syntax error like this. Can you check it once?View attachment 198262
Command355 error is a script call error and has nothing to do with this plugin.
Please show us your script call.

imcatman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oops, I'm sorry.
The cause of the error was that I just put in another wrong script. Forget about the error.

And the problem is I don't know how to make the highlight of the choice look like this GIF image.

I haven't messed with the plugin parameters, I'm just showing the choices in the game.
The highlight of the choice is that the text color remains yellow from the beginning even if you do not move the cursor to "YES".
1.png

Iqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you have any other plugin altering Window_ChoiceList? The GIF is from a blank project with nothing else on so it should work unless there is another plugin causing a conflict.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you have any other plugin altering Window_ChoiceList? The GIF is from a blank project with nothing else on so it should work unless there is another plugin causing a conflict.
Have you tried to select and move the highlight cursor using the mouse cursor?

Iqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Damn, good point, I'll have to fix that

Version 2.0.2 UPDATE

Included mouse support.

Last edited:

imcatman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes.
That was exactly the case.
If you operate it with the keyboard, it starts normally.

Iqus
Thanks for update!
I just downloaded and checked the modified version (2.0.1).
It seems to be working fine now.
Furthermore, I think it would be great if it could be realized in all menu scenes in future updates.
I'm expecting!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png
I always smile to myself when I see someone do the "immediate halt and spin around" from forgetting something. I find it sort of endearing how we all do it without ever being taught to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raeellee