If possible or add speed reduction function when the inventory is full

DraconisKnight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Reptalia1994 Added a demo project to the Download section.

As for the speed reduction, I don't see a need for it at this time. I am basing this one off of inventory systems like Monster Hunter and Harvest Moon. Just as a heads up though, I may add one or make it optional pending on the needs of the developer at a later date.

Reptalia1994

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what its a link to download , i dont found xD

DraconisKnight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's "Download Demo Project" in the download section of the post. Click on it and download from Dropbox. It will have to be unzipped.

DraconisKnight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, everyone. I'm pleased to say that version 1.1 is released. This update includes a new item action window, in which the player can decide to use the selected item or throw away the selected item stack. Plus, an overwrite for the shop so that the player can only purchase items they already have in their inventory (if the inventory is full.) Enjoy!

Zekromaster

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is modification of the script allowed?

DraconisKnight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Modification is allowed as long as credit is given. Easy peasy. ;)

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DraconisKnight Hello! Sorry to trouble you but I'm having a bit of trouble with getting the variable for the current item count. I've tried using $gameParty.getInventUsedSpace in a variable and $gameParty.getInventUsedSpace(17, 17 is the variable number I want to add the item count, in its own script call, but then I get this message when I call the variable:

2019_2_19_3_32_44_506_799.png 2019_2_19_3_33_38_894_500.png

Last edited:

DraconisKnight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uzuki Is it possible for you to show how you have the event setup? If not, I'll try to recreate it as soon as I have a chance. (Could be tomorrow or next week. Hopefully tomorrow. Currently away from my computer. )

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DraconisKnight No problem! And if it helps I'm not using any plugins that mess with items or variables outside of Yanfly's plugins, I don't have individual items on, and I have this plugin placed below Yanflys'.

Screenshot 2019-02-21 01.58.28.png

DraconisKnight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uzuki The only thing that is sticking out like a sore thumb is that the parenthesis are missing from the script call. Try Control variables: 17 Current Bag Limit = $gameParty.getInventUsedSpace();

I'll still look into it, but that is the only thing I can think of right now.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DraconisKnight Huh... I had tried that one before but it didn't seem to work. Now it's doing it perfectly fine! Thank you!

Lady

Mapper, pixel artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I created a shop in your Demo. It pop up error (this.price is not a function).

DraconisKnight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady I see that. Working on the bug now.

Edit 7 March 2019: Bug has been squashed. In addition to fixing my isEnabled function, I've a couple new parameters that show the party's bag space in Scene Shop. You can choose between using "Used/Total Space", just showing the slots available (Empty), or having the empty shown over the total space.

Correction. I forgot that Possession can be edited in the project's database. So, that was removed, but I kept the modes for how you wish the inventory count to appear in Scene Shop.

Last edited:

Lady

Mapper, pixel artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I test it on item with <Exempt: 0>. I can purchase over the limit (purchase 11 when can carry additional 3 more) but then nothing appear in the inventory. If I continue to buy when it have reach the limit that item will become 0.

DraconisKnight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll double check it. I think I know what I goofed up, but it will be a few days before I test.

Edit 14 March 2019: @Lady Right where I thought it was. I'm keeping it at version 1.1a, but the plugin will need to be downloaded again. Issue was in my ShopBuy is Enabled function and after testing it over the past couple days, I've gotten it working right again. Thanks for catching it.

Last edited:

UltraMario12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Can you do that a whole Stack isn't count?
I have 1 Key Item that you can get up to 99 times if you want so how can i do that, that it don't count?

DraconisKnight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simply remove the minus 1 from the exempt note tag, both the variable or $data approach.

<Exempt: $gameParty.numItems($dataItems(i))> , where i is equal to item's index in your database. Or <Exempt: $gameVariables.value(i)> , where i is equal the variable index that tracks that item's possession count.

With the $data, be sure to use the square brackets instead of parathesises around the index.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the plugin. A few things I ran into:

1. There seems to be a bug with renaming Item Limit Window Text:

(Nevermind the NaN, I already fixed that.)

2. I can't get it to play nice with Integrated Equip Menu. If Equip is lower in the plugin list, selecting an armor or weapon skips the action window. If yours is lower in the list, the use command in the action window doesn't work on armor or weapons.

3. Mr. Trivel's Limited Inventory had a tag for equipment that would increase or decrease your max inventory, could you add something like this..?

4. Discard item command seems to discard the entire stack. Could you add a "discard single" option?

Last edited:

DraconisKnight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kest I'll look at the Integrated Equip Menu when I have a chance. It has been awhile since I have looked at it, but it sounds like the use command is behaving as it should with weapons and armor. I have an idea, but it could be a bit.

The fourth request is a definite on the 'To Do' list as it was something that I wanted to get implemented along with the stack discard. As for the third, I will think about it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:
Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foghiszdenisz