Invisible boxes that you cant pass through/impassable tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johannez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay so i made this map and tried it in game. But there are some areas that my character wont walk over. It stops him from going like there are invisible walls placed around the map. in the picture below I drew what where character could walk.
whyy.PNG
I have checked to see if certain tiles were crossed out, tried to move to other layer and just what feels like anything. Is there some kind of layering issue/rules of layering I don't know of yet or is this some technical issue?

KaitlynKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The easiest way to do it is to add events set to be on the same layer as the player, and have no image.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you have an invisible tile set as impassible on a higher layer there, this can happen - all invisible tiles should be set to star passability in the database.
so check your tileset definition in the database.

Johannez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The easiest way to do it is to add events set to be on the same layer as the player, and have no imag

I'll try that. But why does it occurs in the first place?

Edit: just tried doesn't seem to work?

Johannez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
if you have an invisible tile set as impassible on a higher layer there, this can happen - all invisible tiles should be set to star passability in the database.
so check your tileset definition in the database.
Omg this man right here, you saved me! It was the problem don't know how or why it changed but it was the case. Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Johannez, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

It worked because ALL tiles have passage settings, even if they have no sprite. So if you erase something using "any" tile with no sprite, the passage on that tile is applied to that position on the map.

Or you could have had something there, decided you didn't want it, and removed it from the tilesheet image, leaving blank tiles with passage settings.

The only correct tile to use to erase stuff you don't want is the top left B tile.

The other suggestion given above I think was a misunderstanding of your question. I think the poster believed you WANTED to restrict access to certain areas of the map by using events with no sprite. If you have added any of these, you should now remove them.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Actual line of code I just had to write for a plugin:

return Object.keys(this._shopStock).map(key => key.split(",")).map(element => element.map(value => Number(value))).filter(key => key[0] === mapId && key[1] === eventId);
SF_Vehicle2 and SF_People2_8 added!
index.php

If I made an 8-bit-esque, dark fantasy tileset/graphics pack, would y'all be into that? Like, for Dark Souls demakes, Nintendo vampire wannabes, Castlevania ripoffs and such?

Working title: Alice's 8-bit Gothic. Do or not do? (Like do y'all even use 8-bit style graphics?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksk3223223