Invisible Pathways(RMMV)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Avanoh, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Avanoh

Avanoh Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way to make it so that a path in an area is invisible until you enter that path? For example, if you’re in the forest and there’s a secret passage in the bushes, could you make it so you can see the path until you enter those bushes? Or if there’s a secret entrance behind a mirror, make it so you can’t see the path until you interact with the mirror? Preferably without plugins, as I’ll be using the switch version when it releases and I highly doubt it’ll support any plugins. Just doing my research in advanced so that I’m prepared.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. Venima

Venima Treasure experiences and sensations, not progress. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  3. Avanoh

Avanoh Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I hope it does but I’ve heard people say that it won’t since it’s not on PC. Thanks for the reply

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1) it depends on the plugin itself. some plugins use structures and functions of the OS that are not available everywhere, and other plugins override the code required for multi-platform deployment without care.
    If the plugin was written in a way to keep compatibility then it will be usable on other devices, but nothing short of experimenting can give you that answer.

2) maps are static unless you use events or plugins. plugins to create a dynamic map are NOT easy to program or to use, so there is a good chance that they won't work.
    that said however there are two ways to make this work with events alone. You can either
    - have an event block the entrance to the path unless certain conditions are met. For example there is a bush in the way unless the actor with pathfinding is in the party (easy to do with actor exists condition)
    - make two maps and have the transfers that enter that map to be depending on the conditions you want. The player may never realise that he is switched to a different map that sows the path.

5. Avanoh

Avanoh Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That idea seems to make the most sense. Thanks for the help