Invisible SV Battlers? [SOLVED]

Marm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, whenever my character initiates a battle, his SV Battler sprite isn't seen, but the shadow under him is. (I have SV enabled.) The enemy SV works fine.

I've also checked to make sure there aren't any duplicate files (at least, I'm pretty sure there aren't) so... anyone have any idea what's going on? (I've also disabled all plugins to check if that was messing me up, and still no go.)

Thanks for reading =)

SamJones

Autorun
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check the sprite image

Crabs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Try to make sure the spriteset is placed on the right directory.

For playable characters, the folder is "../img/sv_actors/".
For enemies, it's "../img/sv_enemies/"

Also keep in mind that RPG Maker MV only accepts .png files.

Then, on [database (gear icon) > actor], check is you set the right file on "[SV] Battler" field.

If done right, your database will look like the image below. Without any plugin, this should be enough to make your character battler work properly.

Note: The shadow under actors appears regardless the game successfully loads a sprite or not.

Last edited:

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this happened to me when I created a new actor in the middle of project. When I finish create a new actor, start playtest, I select 'continue', add the actor in the party and.....where is the actor?

So, I playtest again with 'New Game', test test test and finally, 'that' actor appear!

Marm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Check the sprite image
Thanks for the reply! I had added the sprite to the place, but it wasn't working... :(

Thanks for the reply!
So, this is what my screen looks like! =)
upload_2017-6-15_14-37-57.png
upload_2017-6-15_14-37-22.png
I think this happened to me when I created a new actor in the middle of project. When I finish create a new actor, start playtest, I select 'continue', add the actor in the party and.....where is the actor?

So, I playtest again with 'New Game', test test test and finally, 'that' actor appear!
Hi! So, I wasn't testing from the beginning, I was testing right before the fight. So, I tried from the beginning, and it kinda worked?
upload_2017-6-15_14-39-8.png

My primary character is still invisible... ^^; But thank you for the fix, at least I'm halfway there!!

(Also, I searched to see if there were any duplicate .png images: )
upload_2017-6-15_14-40-18.png
It only found one... unless the files get renamed or something?

Also, I transferred over this game from a VX Ace game by using this method (I should've mentioned that earlier, sorry!)

I've been readding stuff manually (since the switch over messes up audio and such). Anyone know if that might have something to do with it?

SamJones

Autorun
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try to make sure the spriteset is placed on the right directory.

For playable characters, the folder is "../img/sv_actors/".
For enemies, it's "../img/sv_enemies/"

Also keep in mind that RPG Maker MV only accepts .png files.
Nope. If that were the issue the game would stop with an error message. The invisible actor indicates indicates that whatever image is set to loads correctly but the image itself doesn't have the necessary sprite images or the actor has been turned invisible or...

Marm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I think I fixed it!
On one of my early maps I put in an event that to "Change Actor Image". That seemed to work. :) Now he's popping up in battle!

I guess that means I have an Event somewhere that changes his SV to invisible...? I don't believe I do, but hey, if it's fixed, it's fixed, right? ;P

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Many changes to the Actors tab on the database won't be seen if you're playing from a game saved before you made the changes.

When you save the game, a lot of stuff on the Actors tab gets saved as well, and when you resume, the actors get loaded from there, rather than from the database.

So if you started a game when you didn't have SV Actors selected, that's what gets saved in your save file. If you then add the SV Actors to the Actors tab, it's the saved version that gets loaded, not your most recent changes.

Only way to be sure your changes are getting used is to start a new game.

Marm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Many changes to the Actors tab on the database won't be seen if you're playing from a game saved before you made the changes.

When you save the game, a lot of stuff on the Actors tab gets saved as well, and when you resume, the actors get loaded from there, rather than from the database.

So if you started a game when you didn't have SV Actors selected, that's what gets saved in your save file. If you then add the SV Actors to the Actors tab, it's the saved version that gets loaded, not your most recent changes.

Only way to be sure your changes are getting used is to start a new game.
Thank you! That's probably what happened. :) I'll remember that for the future.

Okralord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was having this problem and I had overlooked an event that made the sideview battlers invisible under certain circumstances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)
Hi there im new to this making thing is there any sources you could recomend for teaching myself, on where to get started.
Ksi
Streaming the Valentine games from the RMN Valentiny event! Drop by and say hi!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyakkimmaru