Invisible Tileset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
having a rather peculiar problem. One of my tile sets is invisible in game.
None of the invisible tiles have any special settings in the editor other than a few with 4 direction changes.
The tileset is C
There’s only grass or dirt beneath most of the tiles and in most cases nothing above

Any ideas?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screenshots would help ... of the Tileset tab that's "invisible", and of a map using that tileset, in the editor.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to, but my phone images are too big. I’ll try again from my computer later

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah, screenshots taken with phones are really horrible (I'm starting to feel dizzy just looking at this one) - much better to use PrintScreen, or Alt+PrintScreen if it's just one window to capture.

I don't see anything obviously wrong there. So I'm just guessing at possible causes ...

Is the map in the editor and the map in the screenshot exactly the same map? You don't have near-duplicates that are only partially built?

Are you using any kind of plugins that are able to change the map?

Those tiles that you CAN see in the screenshot - are they all drawn from the A tab, or are any of them from the B-E tabs, perhaps with stars as the passability setting? That will cause them to be displayed above any other tiles, even though it might look okay in the editor.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CCryptozoologist
What is the filename of the tilesheets in that tileset?
If the filename does not conform to networking rules, the browser will have problems loading the picture even if windows has an override to enable the editor to work with it.

there are a few other possible causes here, but that one would be my first guess.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If that were the case, wouldn't it have shown an error and not even loaded the map?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah, screenshots taken with phones are really horrible (I'm starting to feel dizzy just looking at this one) - much better to use PrintScreen, or Alt+PrintScreen if it's just one window to capture.

I don't see anything obviously wrong there. So I'm just guessing at possible causes ...

Is the map in the editor and the map in the screenshot exactly the same map? You don't have near-duplicates that are only partially built?

Are you using any kind of plugins that are able to change the map?

Those tiles that you CAN see in the screenshot - are they all drawn from the A tab, or are any of them from the B-E tabs, perhaps with stars as the passability setting? That will cause them to be displayed above any other tiles, even though it might look okay in the editor.
It’s exactly the same map.
I don’t think it’s a plug-in since this is the only map that’s been affected.
The tiles that are in the screenshot are from A and D. I tried moving the tileset to D, but it was still invisible. So the issue is something in the tileset...
@CCryptozoologist
What is the filename of the tilesheets in that tileset?
If the filename does not conform to networking rules, the browser will have problems loading the picture even if windows has an override to enable the editor to work with it.

there are a few other possible causes here, but that one would be my first guess.
I don’t think it’s the name. I have other tileset with similar names and no problems. I’ve also tried changing the name and that doesn’t do anything either.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we cannot help you if you don't answer our questions and give no details about your problem.
at minimum we need to see a screenshot of your tileset definition and possibly the tilesheet itself (preferably as a link to where you got it and not reposted here).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And were is the Screenshot of your tileset definition? That would be more important than the tilesheet itself.
And because most tilesheets on that forum topic are incomplete (and MV has problems handling incomplete tilesheets) it would be etter to show the edited tilesheet you mentioned (I hope that the edit is a complete tilesheet vor that is the cause of your vanishing tiles)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is not in a format that can just be plonked into MV. You need to edit it to fit a correctly-sized tile sheet - copy what you want, paste into a new sheet.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is not in a format that can just be plonked into MV. You need to edit it to fit a correctly-sized tile sheet - copy what you want, paste into a new sheet.
That was the problem! All fixed now :D Thanks, Shaz~! Thanks, Andar

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laser_Kirin