thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello fellow rpg makers. So I have a fully finished and released game on the Android market and on my website for PC version but I don't have a Mac for exporting to iPhone and in the rpg maker help tab under deployment all the instructions given are instructions for exporting using a Mac as my packager. I only have a PC. Any useful tools/programs out there that are free that will allow me to compile an app for iphone exceeding 100 megabytes?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry, no can do.

To put any program into apple's store, you need a special program (similiar to crosswalk or intel XDK or the other ways for android) for creating that iOS applycation, and that program (singlular, there is no alternative) is only available for MacOS. And Apple does not licence any third-party-tools for this function, which means that the final conversion is impossible on a PC, you need to use a Mac-Computer for this (this is also a licence restriction). You don't need to own the Mac, you can ask other people who own a mac to make that final step for you, but there is no way around that.

Additionally, you need a (paid) developer licence to get into the applestore with that program - the program itself is free, but without the licence you cannot upload and you can only test the programs on a single iPhone (your own usually).

thenerdmansion

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well darn :[.... thanks for the info anyway I really appreciate it. Time to get a Mac then :(

Edit: Will a MacBook get the job done or is that the same as a windows RT? Basically a sucky version of a windows PC that can only run apps lol... sorry for the questions I just don't know much about apple computers.

Last edited:

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well darn :[.... thanks for the info anyway I really appreciate it. Time to get a Mac then :(

Edit: Will a MacBook get the job done or is that the same as a windows RT? Basically a sucky version of a windows PC that can only run apps lol... sorry for the questions I just don't know much about apple computers.

I develop on a MBP so it'll be more than fine, and it's full OSX.

Also, for testing, I have an inquiry in to the local Apple store's business manager about scheduling a time to come in and test my game on a range of devices just to ensure it runs well. They said they're still working on how to figure this out for me, but nothing back yet.

The Apple dev license is $99 per year, I believe, and their process for deployment and beta testing is quite streamlined once you get into it and understand it.

thenerdmansion

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Will the game not be allowed into the app store until they run all of those tests on your game? I thought you had to just submit your game online and wait for them to test at an apple testing hq or something and then they will upload the game into the store for you. That's the way it was in the windows store.

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Will the game not be allowed into the app store until they run all of those tests on your game? I thought you had to just submit your game online and wait for them to test at an apple testing hq or something and then they will upload the game into the store for you. That's the way it was in the windows store.

You'll upload the game to the store and they'll "lotcheck" it and it'll be up for sale once approved.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington