IRC Bot Commands

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by crimcrim, Aug 14, 2012.

1. crimcrim

crimcrim :d Veteran

First Language:
    English
    As most of the IRC regulars know I've been developing the utterly annoying bot TOYOTA_COROLLA. At first it was made to piss off as many people as possible but then it evolved into an actual useful channel bot. He has many commands, and due to his code constantly growing (and me being a horrible coder) I will eventually have to remove the help command from him, which is why I made this topic. It's basically just a list of all his useful commands, to help others use him fully. The bot's name/hostname is: TOYOTA_COROLLA - TOYOTA@GOTTA.SAVE.GAS

Useless snippets

These are utterly useless things that somehow make life easier for others.

Google searches. Using the prompt !google or !g (for short) you can have TOYOTA_CORROLA bring up a link for whatever you requested.

Code:
    <Kilim> !g RPG MAKER WEB
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> http://www.google.com/search?q=RPG+MAKER+WEB
    Youtube searches. Same as above. Uses a very, VERY retarded socket for some reason.

Code:
    <Kilim> !youtube kirby's dreamland ripple field 3
    -TOYOTA_COROLLA- YouTube Search - About 319 results - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kirby's+dreamland+ripple+field+3&aq=f
    On the subject of YouTube, he also has the abilities to snag YouTube titles based on another horrible socket. Post a youtube link and he will read it to the channel.

Code:
    <Kilim> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRjEBqGsI2o
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> YouTube - Kirby's Dreamland 3 Music: Ripple Field 1
    A timezone function. If you want to know what time it is in a specific area of the world use !time <area>. You can input a zip code, city and state, country, whatever. He'll try to snag the info for you.

Code:
    <Kilim> !time tokyo japan
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> Tokyo, Japan: August 14, 4:20 AM JST
    A useless fact function that spews out...useless facts. Usable by !fact.

Code:
    <Kilim> !fact
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> The electric chair was invented by a dentist. 
    An !fml function. Self explanatory. Simply type !fml into a channel that's he's on and he will connect to Fmylife and bring back a random FML.

Code:
    <Kilim> !fml
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> Today, my boyfriend got a job at a trendy clothing store in the mall. Trying to be supportive, I went to visit him and tried something on. I got stuck in the jeans and had to call my boyfriend, who sent the manager to pull the jeans off me. FML
    An !8ball function. !8ball <question>. Don't actually base important decisions off of his answer.I do use it to figure out what to eat all the time.

Code:
    <Kilim> !8ball HIKARI NO JUTSU!??!?!
    * TOYOTA_COROLLA is shaking up the 8ball.
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> Kilim: Not looking to good.
    !coin and !dice. Chance things. !coin flips a coin, heads or tails, !dice rolls a six-sided die. Useful for quelling stupid arguments.

Code:
    <Kilim> !coin
    * TOYOTA_COROLLA flipped a coin into the air.
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> It's heads!
    Trivia! Starts a channel wide trivia game. Use !trivia to start the trivia. Use !strivia to stop it. You can specify a number of questions with !trivia <number>. Please make sure it's either dead or you have a channel operators permission before starting this, as it can get very fricking annoying.

Code:
    <@Kilim> !trivia
    <&TOYOTA_COROLLA> Starting the trivia. Round of 10 questions. !strivia to stop. Total: 5242
    <&TOYOTA_COROLLA> Useless Trivia: Mongooses were brought to Hawai'i to kill rats. This plan failed because rats are ---------- while the mongoose hunts during the day.
    <@Kilim> nocturnal
    <&TOYOTA_COROLLA> Winner: Kilim Answer: nocturnal Time: 9.921 Streak: 1 Points: 6 WPM: 10 Rank: 13th
    <@Kilim> !strivia
    <&TOYOTA_COROLLA> Stopping the trivia. !trivia <number> to restart.
    Useful things

These are...well useful things. Basically the only thing keeping TOYOTA_COROLLA from being kickbanned are these parts of code.

!topic brings up the current topic for whichever channel it's said in.

Code:
    <Kilim> !topic
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> Welcome to #rpgmaker, the official home of RPG Maker
    !calc. This calculates whatever you input, using a calculator socket. Simply do !calc or !math followed by what you want to be solved. Note: He does NOT solve variables. Like hell I'm going to code that.

Code:
    <Kilim> !calc 546-1523
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> 546 - 1523 = -977
    A definition script! use !define <word> and if you spelled it right TOYOTA_COROLLA will connect through a socket and return a definition. Only one word can go into <word> no spaces.

Code:
    <Kilim> !define enumerated
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> Looking up results for enumerated ω
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> 1. [v] specify individually
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> 2. [v] determine the number or amount of
    Spellcheck. Use !spellcheck <word>. Similar to the !define function. For the love of God don't abuse this. It can get annoying as hell.

Weather. That's right a weather script. Use the prompt !weather <info> to bring up the weather for that area. <info> can be replaced with a Zip code, City, State, Providence whatever.

Code:
    <Kilim> !weather new york city
    <TOYOTA_COROLLA> New York, NY: Mostly Cloudy and 84°F/29°C (*´・・)
    You can also register your location to TOYOTA_COROLLA so you don't have to input your Zip or information constantly. !weather register <info>. <info> being whatever you used to generate a weather for that area. When registered you can just type !weather and your registered area will be defaulted.

AI - Artificial Intelligence

TOYOTA_COROLLA has a very...VERY retarded AI. I have to manually manipulate it almost 99% of the time for it to work. There was only one instance when his 'friendly' factor was set correctly. Basically depending on how much he 'likes' you he will greet you, respond to you kindly when you say hi to him or ask him how he's going. This will be expanded upon sooner or later but...yeah.

Disclaimer.

This bot has around 50+ other absolutely useless and shitty commands that serve no purpose. I'm not going to list them here, if you want to see them just go into the IRC and see what people do when they're playing with him. Also don't spam with him. Please. It puts a strain on him and is really fricking annoying.

I probably forgot to add something, I'll edit this later.

If you want to request a feature feel free too I guess. I probably won't do it but why not.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
  2. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Kilim you da best

3. Des

Des timefantasy.net Veteran

First Language:
    American
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    here's a request for a feature:

get rid of him

SolarGale likes this.
  4. crimcrim

First Language:
    English
    your mom

5. gavind

gavind Veteran Veteran

Those are really some good fundamentals to build a more complex command. Nice share.

6. Hybrida

Hybrida I LOVE YOU TOO Veteran

First Language:
    American
    Best bot ever. Why is it named after a $15,000 car now?

7. Des

Des timefantasy.net Veteran

First Language:
    American
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    because it can go fast

gotta go fast

crimcrim likes this.
  8. crimcrim

First Language: