RMMV Irina Collectible Card Game Not Displaying Graphics?

METACHASER

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have read through the various Irina Collectible Card Game threads and while a lot of them mention the lag or other issues I have not been able to find a thread discussing the issue I am having.

The problem I am having is that after I ported the sample project and plugins into my game, when I start a Card Game Duel I cannot get the graphics or BattleHud to display properly

The card game will run, but no graphics will display. So I can blindly select and cast cards based on where they should be, but the cards themselves, the background, the life points, etc. do not display when I am running the game.

Since it seems like other people who have used these plugins have been able to at least run and display the game, could someone maybe help me figure out what I might have failed to port or what I am missing?

I have turned off all other non-essential plugins that are not part of the sample project, and I have even turned off some of the non-essential plugins within the sample project to try to figure out what is wrong.

This is the error I am getting.

Capture003.PNG

I tried reading the java script code in the CardGameMech file, but the majority of the code is in the line 1766 for some reason, so I have searched for some of the terms mentioned in the error note, and these seem to be some of the significant lines.

this._back1Sprite.bitmapName=$gameMap.battleback1Name();

1623209110074.png
It seems like the error is trying to say something is not a function. I think maybe there is a file missing that is not being passed properly into a function or the game itself? The plugins work in the sample project, just not when ported.

I have ported and double checked the following so far:
- The Plugins
- The Common Events
- The Variables
- The Items
- The Actors
- Images in the image folder

Originally, I thought this was mostly a plugin compatibility issue. But then after turning off all other plugins not required to run the card game, I am thinking that maybe I did not move a file or am missing something I need to configure. I am running RMMV and 1.6.1 or above.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly core engine is reporting an error with your plugin call.

Unless it was added by another plugin $scene() is not a function that exists, so the error core engine is throwing is probably the reason the UI isn't loading.

I don't own the card plugin, and Irina has obfuscated the code, which is why everything is on that one line, and is basically unreadable by a human. The only thing I can suggest is to read over the documentation and check what the plugin command is to start the battle, since it looks like you're using a script call instead of a plugin command.

If that doesn't work out for you, you'd need to get in contact with the creator. Since it's a paid plugin, she should have some way to contact her about issues with it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically there is a data object that is either missing or wrongly assigned, and that causes the typeerror.

This can be either a configuration error (the plugin expects data that you have not provided about your game) or it is an incompatibility with another plugin (or an old savefile).

shenshinoman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ramza

Sadly she did not provide any way of contacting her for help with the plug-in, and the documentation is essentially non-existent. It was part of why it is no longer available to purchase.

@OP I have been working with her script off and on for a few years now. Slowly trying to get it fully working. I have never run into the problem you are describing... can you provide additional details on which version of rpg maker you are using? In case it is a compatability issue, as I have not updated mine in a long while aswell.

METACHASER

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ramza

Sadly she did not provide any way of contacting her for help with the plug-in, and the documentation is essentially non-existent. It was part of why it is no longer available to purchase.

@OP I have been working with her script off and on for a few years now. Slowly trying to get it fully working. I have never run into the problem you are describing... can you provide additional details on which version of rpg maker you are using? In case it is a compatability issue, as I have not updated mine in a long while aswell.
@shenshinoman I am running version 1.6.2. I have not found anyone else mention this problem from what I have researched so far. The other forums I have looked at mention performance issues and lag, but not graphical user interface issues.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
statdev