Irina Visual Novel Busts- Slide in/out

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by fightingferrets, Aug 30, 2019.

1. fightingferrets

fightingferrets Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello everyone! I've been amazed at all the knowledgeable, helpful people on the forums. I hope my problem isn't a silly one.

I'm having an issue with Irina Visual Novel Busts.

1. I want to have characters slide in and slide out.
    2. This plugin has the ability to have busts slide in from the left or right side of the screen. Sliding is a mix of changing position and opacity.
    3. I can make the 0 bust slide in and out with the "\bustSlideIn[id, duration]" text command, no problem. The 0 bust (also called the message bust) is unique from busts 1-10 (also called screen busts), since it appears
    4. The problem comes when I try to do this with any bust besides 0. It doesn't work. If I use the "\bustSlideIn[id, duration]" with anything other than 0, the bust just appears instantly, and the game waits for the determined duration.
    5. For example, when I have the Show Text as "\bustSlideIn[0, 180]" , bust 0 slides in over the course of 3 seconds. Great. But, when I try it again, the bust simply appears instantly and the text box remains unskippable for 3 seconds.
    6. I have the same problem for making a bust slide out of the screen too.

I've watched the Irina's video on the plugin, scrubbed through the plugin's help section, tried 100 different ways to get it to work and generally been banging my head against the wall. Do you all have any advice or experience to share? I'm feeling real stuck.

Thank you guys so much, I truly appreciate all the hard work in the forums.