Irina Visual Novel Busts- Slide in/out

fightingferrets

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! I've been amazed at all the knowledgeable, helpful people on the forums. I hope my problem isn't a silly one.

I'm having an issue with Irina Visual Novel Busts.

1. I want to have characters slide in and slide out.
2. This plugin has the ability to have busts slide in from the left or right side of the screen. Sliding is a mix of changing position and opacity.
3. I can make the 0 bust slide in and out with the "\bustSlideIn[id, duration]" text command, no problem. The 0 bust (also called the message bust) is unique from busts 1-10 (also called screen busts), since it appears
4. The problem comes when I try to do this with any bust besides 0. It doesn't work. If I use the "\bustSlideIn[id, duration]" with anything other than 0, the bust just appears instantly, and the game waits for the determined duration.
5. For example, when I have the Show Text as "\bustSlideIn[0, 180]" , bust 0 slides in over the course of 3 seconds. Great. But, when I try it again, the bust simply appears instantly and the text box remains unskippable for 3 seconds.
6. I have the same problem for making a bust slide out of the screen too.

I've watched the Irina's video on the plugin, scrubbed through the plugin's help section, tried 100 different ways to get it to work and generally been banging my head against the wall. Do you all have any advice or experience to share? I'm feeling real stuck.

Thank you guys so much, I truly appreciate all the hard work in the forums.

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No one can help you because they don't own Irina Visual Novel Busts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz