Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

I'l hoping someone could help me with a (presumably) small tweak to Irina's Collectible Card Game plugin. https://atelieririna.itch.io/collectible-card-game

I hope this is the right place for this. It is a paid plugin, but her terms state that the plugin can be edited.

The plugin unfortunately suffers from extreme lag for most computers, to the point of being unplayable. However, I believe there is a simple solution that could fix this.

It largely has to do with the way the deck/discard/exhaust piles are handled. Those piles are not static images, instead the plugin creates a new image for each card in each of those piles. So, with the standard deck size of 40, that's 80 unneeded images that are being loaded at all times.

You can see this in action by changing the min deck size to less than 10, and going into a game with both players having 10 or less card. With this, it actually runs pretty well.

I'm hoping someone that has access to the plugin could help create a fix for this issue. Presumably the easiest fix would be to tweak the plugin to, instead of loading a new picture for each card in a pile, instead load a single static image.

Again, I hope this is alright to ask, and likewise, I hope this actually makes sense. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you!

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really think the problem here is that nobody wants to pay $40-50 for the plugin to try and help you. I'd be tempted to mess around with it if Irina ever makes it free for non-commercial use. But so far between this and the other thread about it, all I've heard are problems with this plugin. So buying it definitely doesn't sound appealing without being able to try it first, at least not for that high price.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately as this is a paid plugin, your hope of assistance comes from a much smaller portion of the community than usual.

However, I'm sure I've seen other people talking about this issue with this plugin, fairly recently, so it might pay for you to search for existing threads. There might be a solution in one of those.

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I unfortunately figured that it'd be a bit of a long shot finding someone that both has access to the plugin, and the JS know-how to figure out the issue.

I've looked through a few of the recent threads after getting the plugin myself, and running into the lag problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that anyone's created a fix thus far. I only figured out (what I believe to be) the issue after hours of trial and error.

For now though, all I can really do is keep diligent, and try to keep the request active, in hopes that someone with the plugin and the know-how does happen across this thread. If worse comes to worse, I might put out a paid request, at least partially paying off the price of the plugin to someone with some plugin experience.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can only speak for myself, as someone who has no desire/intention to ever use the plugin. If I took a commission like this, I wouldn't want to be paying a part of my fee to actually buy the plugin - I would expect the requester to pay the full amount for the plugin, plus the agreed amount to actually do the fix.

If you go that way, hopefully you'll get lucky and someone who already has it will offer to take the request, or someone who would like it, and is happy to meet you half way.

There seem to be a few people interested in this though, so maybe you can work something out with them and all get together and share the cost. Or maybe you can get Irena's permission to give the plugin to someone for the sole purpose of fixing this issue, with the understanding that they will not use it in their own projects. She may be willing to agree to that, as she acknowledges there's an issue (though sounds like she says it only happens when you use it in a way that it's not intended - but then a lot of people seem to be using it that way) but doesn't want to fix it herself.

Just a few other options :)

Faylt

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excuse guys but i don't where to ask so I search to get Collectible card game plugin but
i can't find anywehre. Someone where i can get the plugin ?

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did anyone catch any infos about why it isn't? I'd be really interested in it but it's very hard to get in contact with it's creator.
Tldr : theory is to many refunds and or complaints about the product and lack of support, though ironically Irina still regularly releases new products and advertises them in the offical RPG maker discord.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, this CCG plugin has suffered from some pretty shady practices IMO. My advice to people is to always be wary of paid plugins that overpromise - they tend to only deliver what you need in very, very narrow circumstances.

With that said, I think that the original request in this thread would be a really smart solution to some of the lag issues that I've heard exist with Irina's plugin - so hopefully someone who understands the inner workings of this plugin well can make this intelligent change!

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tldr : theory is to many refunds and or complaints about the product and lack of support, though ironically Irina still regularly releases new products and advertises them in the offical RPG maker discord.
Actually, Irina herself already bailed out from the RPG Maker discord server, or probably the entire RM community. This happened a week ago if I recall correctly. She claimed that even if the user already refunded it, they were brave enough to ask for further support, adding more fuel for her trip to Mars.

Edit:
That being said, the plugin is no longer available. And I don't think we will get permission to make a change to post it for public or so.

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, Irina herself already bailed out from the RPG Maker discord server, or probably the entire RM community. This happened a week ago if I recall correctly. She claimed that even if the user already refunded it, they were brave enough to ask for further support, adding more fuel for her trip to Mars.

Edit:
That being said, the plugin is no longer available. And I don't think we will get permission to make a change to post it for public or so.
ah, that makes things really complicated tbh, like we could tech give it to someone to work over privately, and then release it to people that have bought the plugin collection. I don't know the logistics though in terms of what people can and can't do in terms of TOS it's a grey area. Or someone just hire a contractor to develop something that actually works, not as complicated of course and just use assets already purchased. For example, I have a lot of paid official art to use and stuff.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
like we could tech give it to someone to work over privately, and then release it to people that have bought the plugin collection.
For this to happen, assuming we actually have permission, you gonna need
1. Trust (you know the person is not going to run away with the script or even spread it free)
2. Professionalism (the person actually fixes it)
2. Budget (it is only fair if they also receive some compensation)
And I don't think this is going to be an easy task. Especially the first and the second one.

Besides, the plugin is no longer available. It probably better to forget about this plugin, or maybe people could try to make a better one. There's a little hope to get this fixed.

Except, maybe ...
If she returns and shares the plugin for free. And of course people who've already paid it won't be pleased and likely to demand refund with pitchforks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babiboo