Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey,

I'l hoping someone could help me with a (presumably) small tweak to Irina's Collectible Card Game plugin. https://atelieririna.itch.io/collectible-card-game

I hope this is the right place for this. It is a paid plugin, but her terms state that the plugin can be edited.

The plugin unfortunately suffers from extreme lag for most computers, to the point of being unplayable. However, I believe there is a simple solution that could fix this.

It largely has to do with the way the deck/discard/exhaust piles are handled. Those piles are not static images, instead the plugin creates a new image for each card in each of those piles. So, with the standard deck size of 40, that's 80 unneeded images that are being loaded at all times.

You can see this in action by changing the min deck size to less than 10, and going into a game with both players having 10 or less card. With this, it actually runs pretty well.

I'm hoping someone that has access to the plugin could help create a fix for this issue. Presumably the easiest fix would be to tweak the plugin to, instead of loading a new picture for each card in a pile, instead load a single static image.

Again, I hope this is alright to ask, and likewise, I hope this actually makes sense. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you!

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hopeful bump :kaoluv:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

ImaginaryVillain

Obviously the "Hero" of Light!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Event Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really think the problem here is that nobody wants to pay $40-50 for the plugin to try and help you. I'd be tempted to mess around with it if Irina ever makes it free for non-commercial use. But so far between this and the other thread about it, all I've heard are problems with this plugin. So buying it definitely doesn't sound appealing without being able to try it first, at least not for that high price.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately as this is a paid plugin, your hope of assistance comes from a much smaller portion of the community than usual.

However, I'm sure I've seen other people talking about this issue with this plugin, fairly recently, so it might pay for you to search for existing threads. There might be a solution in one of those.

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, I unfortunately figured that it'd be a bit of a long shot finding someone that both has access to the plugin, and the JS know-how to figure out the issue.

I've looked through a few of the recent threads after getting the plugin myself, and running into the lag problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that anyone's created a fix thus far. I only figured out (what I believe to be) the issue after hours of trial and error.

For now though, all I can really do is keep diligent, and try to keep the request active, in hopes that someone with the plugin and the know-how does happen across this thread. If worse comes to worse, I might put out a paid request, at least partially paying off the price of the plugin to someone with some plugin experience.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can only speak for myself, as someone who has no desire/intention to ever use the plugin. If I took a commission like this, I wouldn't want to be paying a part of my fee to actually buy the plugin - I would expect the requester to pay the full amount for the plugin, plus the agreed amount to actually do the fix.

If you go that way, hopefully you'll get lucky and someone who already has it will offer to take the request, or someone who would like it, and is happy to meet you half way.

There seem to be a few people interested in this though, so maybe you can work something out with them and all get together and share the cost. Or maybe you can get Irena's permission to give the plugin to someone for the sole purpose of fixing this issue, with the understanding that they will not use it in their own projects. She may be willing to agree to that, as she acknowledges there's an issue (though sounds like she says it only happens when you use it in a way that it's not intended - but then a lot of people seem to be using it that way) but doesn't want to fix it herself.

Just a few other options :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've discovered Stardew Valley and now I'm an addict. To think that one person designed this...
There a thread out there that tells us the best way to open an RPG that isn't 'the protag gets out of bed'?
Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryodo