RMMZ Iris In/ Iris Out Camera Controls (and Other Camera Effects)

PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there; noob here. :smile:

I think it's likely the plugins needed for what I want to do already exist and would appreciate guidance on how to use them. But if they don't exist for MZ, I would like to request them.

For the game I am working on now, in a cutscene, I want to make the screen black except for a little circle around a character who is about to almost die. (Basically, an iris effect.)

Is there a plugin that expands the camera effects beyond fade in, fade out, shake and screen flash?

Thanks everyone!

PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
Galv has made one, take a look MZ Cam Control.

Thank you for replying! You have a ton of great plugins, too!
I have this Cam Control and love it; it's what inspired the idea of an iris-in effect in my game. With Galv's plugin, I can lock onto the character who will be affected. Now I just need to figure out how to put them in a spotlight-like effect.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:
woods.pngshop.jpgboss.jpgRoom.png

Mapping is becoming so much easier!
FirestormNeos wrote on Neikoku's profile.
the cat in your profile picture is adorable
Are the default-size "chibi" sprites really a bad thing for a project? I'm not planning to sell my game anyway but I was wondering if they were as hated as some videos seem to claim...
Only 9 things left on the to-do list before my game's next big update. Minus the soul-crushing playtesting session, of course! So close...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soda102