​
lKQzfDe.png

• Cleared: 0/100
    DgewQk8.png

L8YoKYv.png
 ​
cDpj2.png

3v2oRpV.png

• Please specify which theme you are doing when submitting entries.
  • You may request for an update of your status bar any time. Feel free to put it in your signature for bragging rights.
  • If I forget to update your status bar and badge, please don't hesitate to PM and remind me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
8 - Gateway

This is a short story. An exerpt from a....  (Non RM ) project I'm working on.

“Nmrmph.. normal... n--norm--normal... I—normal. I just want to be normal...” Samuel was mumbling in his sleep, when he was awakened by a massive hug and a nuzzle from his foxy friend. Samuel was in a hospital bed with hospital blankets on him. Josie was at Samuel's side, stroking his black hair. The poor boy could barely breathe.

“What... what happened to me?” he mumbled, barely able to speak.

“Shh, be still, my grandson.” She answered in a most affectionate manner, with wailing and weeping in the distance.

A strong-looking man in a white lab coat came up to Samuel, adjusting a bunch of tubes and levers above him.

“Hey buddy. How you doin'?” he said, in a rather familiar voice, but Samuel just couldn't put his finger on it. The man had dark hair that seemed to have a touch of green in it, his shirt was gray, and his blue tie had crocodile patterns on it. 'crocodile...' Samuel thought to himself. He had a brain storm for a fleeting moment, then it was gone. The doctor had a sleek face with strong, chiseled features.

“Dr. Kalah's going to take good care of you, Samuel. You are strong, okay?” Josie said, squeezing Samuel's hand gently. Dr. Kalah examined Samuel, then he pointed to Kenta.

“This little guy here your friend?” he asked.

“Yes he is. Please, don't make me get rid of him!” Samuel pleaded, teary-eyed.

“No, never! Just make sure he doesn't drop onto the floor, OK?” Kalah leaned toward Samuel closely to inspect Kenta, squinting his eyes at the fox then walking back over to where Samuel's family was. Samuel tried to overhear all that was going on, but no less than a minute into the conversation he wished he hadn't. Samuel heard words like “Three days...”, “Virus”, “Caught in time”... and “Dead by morning!”

Samuel was terrified! Was he going to die? Was the state of his illness finally to a point where there was no more hope? For the first time in his young life, Samuel began to recall all he had seen before the tragedy occurred. He used to dream so much and see so much. Some of the things he would dream of and see were powerful kings, beautiful queens, princesses, faraway lands, and exotic people. He would see gigantic beasts similar to the ones he saw back on the other world. Would Samuel finally be going to join them forever? Was this his time?

He looked at the sleeping fox on his belly and started to cry.

That moment was quickly shattered by a stark realization: Samuel was hooked up to tubes, switches, wires and countless machines! He started to scream and panic, Dr. Kalah rushing over to his side to comfort him.

“It's okay bud! We're about to take all this junk off of you and you're actually going to go home!” he said with a smile. He turned off the whirring machinery and unplugged cord after cord, disconnecting tubes that were hooked up to electrodes taped onto Samuel. As all this was happening, Samuel's parents went over to his side, Elle squeezing Samuel's hand, while Jay rubbed and kissed his forehead.

“Samuel, don't you ever scare us like that again!”

“What happened, Daddy?” replied Samuel, anxious to hear what went on for himself. Perhaps there was an answer for what Samuel had gone through.

“All done!” Doctor Kalah said, smiling from ear to ear, seemingly glowing. “Samuel, here's what went on with you.”

The doctor got out a small crocodile plush and gave it to Samuel as he began scribbling on some papers.

“Well Samuel, you’ve had a viral infection for the past three days... It was getting bad and you were very, very sick! If you hadn't come in when you did, you would have died...” The doctor hung his head low, almost in shame while saying that last part.

“You are a very, very lucky boy. Your friends and family are all very good to you.”

“That would make some sense...” Samuel pondered. “I felt lightheaded and sleepy all the time for the past couple days. I also felt weak! Could that be what happened?”

The doctor smiled and nodded. Three days... That was about how long ago Samuel had wished on that shooting star! Something inside of him began to stir as he pondered these thoughts. The beast, that nightmare... Could all of this be related somehow? Most little kids' biggest fears are the boogieman, or at least,

“Wheat or white on my lunch today?”

“Open up!” A nurse came out from nowhere with a giant peach colored gummy-bear. “This is your medicine, and you have to have one a day for the next week, okay? Don't worry; it tastes a little bit like peach juice.” Samuel nodded and ate the whole thing in one bite. The gummy-bear was very mealy and it tasted strongly of vitamins. After a few moments Samuel became sedated.

“Oh! Peaches have juice now?” remarked Jay.

“Oh Jay, please hush!” Elle scorned, still frightened for her little boy.

Samuel began to close his little eyes, not able to control them.

“Doctor! What's going on?” snapped Josie, afraid that Samuel may be headed into a relapse.

“Don't worry, Mrs. Zerep. Samuel will be just fine. A side-effect from the medicine is grogginess and/or sleepiness.”

“Alright then...” Josie shuffled her feet a bit then grabbed her purse, as Jay grabbed Samuel, and Elle picked up the crocodile plush from the floor, and Kenta from the hospital bed. Unable to hold back sleep any longer, Samuel once again drifted off to sleep.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The organ piece was fun.  And I loved the descriptions of the text entry.

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The organ piece was fun.  And I loved the descriptions of the text entry.
Thank you very much on both accounts! :) It makes me happy when things I put my heart into make others happy as well.

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That organ piece did have me clapping along! I also enjoyed the excerpt, although I wonder what is going on ;)  

Tears is indeed sad, and I get notes of sweetness and longing too.

Nebuerys

Social Ninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your tears entry is so nostalgic especially with the intro. I love it!

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you Ralpf! Thank you Alkorri! Thank you ksjp17! Thank you Nebuerys! Thank You Littlefish! I'd have never thought of it like that before... Maybe the keychange might mean something? It was originally in C.

VoxPopuli

WatchFire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"Tears" was wonderful and touching, the different modes the composition wove around the melody were very well done.

[IMG]http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/VoxPopuli_XXIc/ArtWork/twothumbsup_sm_zps1e6c1f9e.png[/IMG]

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
VoxPopuli, thank you very much. Also, congratulations on 100 posts!

002 - Complicated

I created a salad... that probably ends all salads because it's amazing and filling.... and HUGE! I call it the "Monster Salad".... and yes, it was very complicated to make...  After the shopping, washing, prepping, chopping, cooking... a good chunk of the day was gone!

This salad has baby spinach, mixed greens, shredded carrot, dill pickle, buffalo chicken, minced garlic,chopped celery, hardboiled eggs, parmesan cheese and my favorite salad dressing, ranch (Very little).... urg, so good.   This is a photograph entry.

01101010100010010101.jpg

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello again, ladies and gentlemen. It's been awhile! Sometimes, we have a melody in our hearts that won't let go; a melody that fills us to the very brin with joy and happiness, our hearts want to sing!  

...No? Just me? Surely you jest.

Anyway, I'm here to present to you my very own

45 - Heart Song

This is the theme to a beautiful oceanside town called Skyview. Why Skyview? The view from the adjacent mountains is absolutely breathtaking, some say. That if, if you can stand to make the difficult trek up the mountains!

This is my heart song. I sing it in my heart of hearts and it makes me happy... I want to dance! Even though I CAN'T dance! Bwahaha! 

Tears of the Sky is the brainchild of CorneredCosmos and the result of  years and years  of toil, sweat and tears. It's still in development, but the progress is stunning in my opinion.  It's rare to see a fellow developer SO passionate about their game and project that they'd become sentimental
and even a bit emotional at times. (Sorry, buddy. :p )

Enjoy! Maybe your own heart will find a song to sing...

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ksjp17, thank you very much! :)

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
71 - The True You

Luca the crocodile had a colorful past. Some see him as a monster, but he did what he had to do. Sometimes, he wishes he could just take it all back. Sometimes... he wishes he never met.... THEM.   He hides his true identity now behind a bone plate he wears as a mask.  His new name is {spoiler removed}

https://soundcloud.com/dlsea/lucas-theme-1

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know it's been a few days since you posted this, but I've been away this week, so still catching up.  

Very nice indeed.

Latest Profile Posts

I wish I can work faster on my game. But I don't want to get burned out. :(
I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earhart