lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I've been meaning to put this up here for awhile now...)

Titlefont.png

provebs_quote.png

Genre: Dark Paranormal Mystery Adventure

Total approximate playtime (so far): 5 minutes (I'm probably biased on this, though)

Features.png

• A hacking minigame with very little to do with actual hacking
  • A puzzle... yes just one so far.... 
  • A very simple lockpicking system (completely evented)
  • A gallery to look back over information and profiles collected over the course of the game
  • Two different endings depending on choices (this will be a lot more dynamic of a system when the game is completed, I promise)
  • And a few dropped story hints that make no sense yet (... sorry...)
*Note: these features are just to the demo, the actual game will have much more, I promise!

Story.png

The International Division is the leading global power in the world, one that many don’t trust. Information on how this global leader has only gotten to such a high place of power has long since been leaked, mostly due to journalists from countries still outside of its control.

This is only a small part of that story… 

Celia, a fairly young woman hired on to work at a side organization for the International Division has been on the search for the truth behind her past; a shattered story in itself that seems just as hard to piece together as the missions the team she works with go on. All she can wonder is will her marginal skills and questionable history be enough to shed the needed light on this mystery?

If not, she could always practice more on her computer hacking…

Character_Profiles.png
(ignore the broken spoiler; I have no idea what's wrong with it)

Celia.png

Celia Relian

Profession: Supernatural Expert

Has had a rough life mostly bouncing between living on the streets and various foster homes, but at least believe that one of her real parents has to be out there because of something an inspector once said to her. She never gave up looking since, anyway. Though, being a bit of a self-proclaimed Supernatural Expert, she also believes demons are real and there's a trickster out after her...

Damien.png

Damien Othellen

Profession: Director

The youngest son of the current Head of the Board (or leader of the entire International Division) has never quite felt like one of the family. A few years after his mother died, he was shipped off to the Academy, where the only family contact he had was with his uncle on the odd occasion. Aside from a few painful memories, he's pretty much forgotten his mother, though has taken quite an idealistic attitude towards life.

Mycroft.png

Mycroft Holden

Profession: Inspector

Current Chief Inspector for the Main branch of the International  Division, he was actually not really all that impressive when younger. In fact, he nearly didn't make it to being an inspector at all, but now the Main branch nearly can't even function without him,  even though most of the time he's cooped up in his office.

Felicity.png

Felicity Saben

Profession: Journalist

A journalist reporting for the Sendrain Chronicle, a news syndicate situated in the most vocal of the still non-Internationally controlled countries, she prefers getting the "truth" no matter what... Though this time she may have found a conflicting interest in a story she never really got to finish.

screenshots.png

titlescreen.png

Newscast.png

Celia%27sline.png

lunamenuver.png

techhall.png

boringprocedures.png

*Note: Screenshots shown may not accurately reflect what will be seen in the final game.

credits.png

Scripter: Serenity Crystal

Developer: lemongreen

Scripts Used:

$D13x - Title by Dekita

ASE-Confirmation Add-on, Visual Novel Choices by Galv

Gameover Events by Hime (was removed)

Miscellaneous Options by Jet

Event Sensor Range, Picture Gallery by Moghunter

ATS series by modern algebra

Horror Game Menu, Mirai CMS by Soulpour777

Basic Module, Fog Overlay, Fixed Parallax by Victor Sant (these have all been pretty much been replaced)

Sleek Item Popup by V.M of D.T

Ace Menu Engine, Ace Save Engine, Move Restrict Region, System Options by Yanfly

Graphics Used:

looseleaf

Futuristic Tiles Pack

Modern Day Tiles Pack

DS+ Resource Pack

http://tkool.rgr.jp/maker_girl

Celianna's Tiles (and parallax tiles)

Apoc's Parallax backgrounds

ShinGamix (windowskin from RM Coalition Pack 3)

(and of course the Ace RTP)

This might sound bad, but I'm actually a lot more forgetful than I might seem... that and the rest are dead links so if you spot anything not listed here and know who actually created it please don't hesitate to tell me.

Music and sounds used:

http://www.freesfx.co.uk/

http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html (lots of good music; I'd suggest checking it out)

RMN Music Pack (Jasprelao, Snowy Fox, Subaru, Reclaimed Glory)

and again the Ace RTP

Demo's been taken down in preparation for a new one; for the time being here's  the RMN page

Edit: changed my mind; I'm going to try to put up a new demo build. It might take some time to set up, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to say you probably aren't getting any replies because none of your screenshots are showing.

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wierd... They're showing up just fine for me. I just figured it was because I just made this thread a few days ago (obviously I'm not going to get tons of replies at once) I'll switch the image service, though, and see if it changes anything (though it might just be on your end)

Edit: actually, thinking about it switching the image service probably wouldn't do anything if I don't know what the problem is; especially since I'm using three different ones for the pictures here already.  So knowing which images aren't showing (beyond just the screenshots, because that actually would be weird if those were the only ones; there are two other images that shouldn't be showing in that case) Just for reference, there should be a title logo, then a quote and each section has a logo.  (and of course each character has a picture) 

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It must be on his end, I could see the images...

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya. Thought I'd check out the demo.

Nice title screen. Only I noticed there are sort of two title screens being shown at the same time, one slightly displaced from the other. Was that intentional?

The game looks and feels quite nice. There is a nice level of polish and attention to detail. The busts are pretty cool, mapping seems good, and the dialogue seems good so far. I especially like the menu cursor sounds. They're very pleasing on the ears.

I am really perplexed as to what the game is about though. There hasn't been much of a direction at the start. I just went to solve the code puzzle, but I have no idea why I went there to solve it. Is there any reason for me to enter that room that was protected by a password? I think it'd be nice to have some part of the plot reveal itself early on, something to hook the player with, some kind of a clue to set things off. Whilst on this topic, the demo also hasn't told me much what the gameplay is going to be focused on. Is this mainly about crime scene investigation? If so, what sort of gameplay elements are going to be used? Do you have to dig for clues, speak to people and figure out if they're lying, or perhaps something else? This is something the demo should give a taste of, in my opinion.

Will the player be able to visit the security and director's offices? At the moment the choice to visit those places seems redundant, because the main character doesn't want to go there. I've also stumbled onto a small room with a Death tarot card, but not sure what it's for. Was hoping there'd be more to this room.

Overall, it's certainly a great start. As I said, the level of presentation is really good and better than a lot of RM games I've played, but at the moment this demo hardly tells me anything about the game. I think it'd be a good idea to include reasonable amount of content in the next update, something that can give the player a fair idea of what the plot and gameplay are going to be about. And if you leave it on a juicy cliffhanger, then it will only intrigue the players further and get them to come back for the full game. :)

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the review, and some of the points I've already realized (like not really having a lot of a gameplay or story hook shown in the demo, sorry about that) Like said, I'm more focusing on just finishing the game right now, though if that really is that much of a problem I could recompile a demo that's more "complete" than it is right now (or at least further along) 

As for the title screen, it wasn't entirely intentional; I was using a regular title screen as some point then switched to Dekita's animated script and never removed the regular title screen stuff (thus causing the duel title screen effect) I could remove the regular stuff, but was never personally bothered by it.

I'll keep working and possibly put out a new demo (it's probably a good idea, anyway; I've changed some graphics since then)

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, they are showing now. Anyway, it gave your game some feedback and now that I can se ethe screenshots, it looks pretty good. Well done.

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
1. Beautiful title menu.

2. You can register input on the title menu even when the commands have not appeared. It's not something erroneous, just putting in on the table.

3. Love the static effect on the intro and the fonts.

4. Nice lightning.

5.Spelling mistake "quality" when the player first leave her room.

6. You can escape the guards. Is that on purpose?

7. Maybe the overuse of SE sounds breaks immersion? I would like the small shady room to be silent.

8. VERY small. I was left unsatisfied.

9. I'm not often into futuristic-looking or modern scenarios but the graphics are well done.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks pretty good. I'm downloading the demo now.

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kanax said:
1. Beautiful title menu.

2. You can register input on the title menu even when the commands have not appeared. It's not something erroneous, just putting in on the table.
Actually, looking at it myself it looks more like they're just about to fade in if you do it that fast (though why anyone would speed through a title screen that fast is beyond me) So it's not so much that they haven't appeared as they haven't fully rendered yet, if that makes sense.

Kanax said:
5.Spelling mistake "quality" when the player first leave her room.
Thank you for that; I usually check but it can get tedious after awhile to do so...

Kanax said:
6. You can escape the guards. Is that on purpose?
Yes, you're supposed to be able to avoid the guards. If the player weren't supposed to I might as well have just made that one extremely long cutscene then.

Kanax said:
7. Maybe the overuse of SE sounds breaks immersion? I would like the small shady room to be silent.
I'm not quite sure what you mean; are you talking about the BGS? Because I actually like at least having some sound in that room but having silence would unfortunately break it for me. I'll par it down, though and see if that helps.

Kanax said:
8. VERY small. I was left unsatisfied.
I know, I'm sorry. I'm working on making a better one now (though I'd really prefer to just finish the game right now)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Awright ya marshmallows! :kaopride: Here's a peek of what Alice's 8-bit Gothic gonna be like! EXPECT IT! (...in 2025?) :kaoswt:

alice_gothictiles.png
SF_People3_4 added!
index.php

Finds notes for an old side project... Oh, that's right, the two tracks that sounded really cool and gave inspiration for the big bad in that game... Spends day working on cutscene from old notes, looks okay, now lets slot in the first track... um... I did have those tracks??? It was a year or so ago but I did buy them didn't I?
CA9mtHJ.gif

Everything is really confusing for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepperboi