M_A_Starling

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

SYNOPSIS
Irrational is a Visual Novel created in MV, meaning that the game is revolved around the story and dialogue, with minimal gameplay. There a multiple choice options for our main-character, "Lucy", to chose from, but these serve to highlight the personality and struggles of the character, rather than provide the player with options on how to drive the story forward. This limit on options is a part of the story itself, as the game is centered around a young woman with depression and anxiety.

There are 2 primary characters in this game, as well as a small amount of supporting characters. Apart from focusing on the challenges of our main-character, Lucy, the story will also focus on the relationship between her roommate and their friends.

STORY
“Irrational” is a down-to-earth story about Lucy. A young woman’s struggles, living with generalized anxiety. The paralyzing thoughts and worries that seemingly spawn from nowhere that seem completely overwhelming at times and hinders her ability to live a much desired, peaceful life.

With a wall in front of her that seem so endlessly tall and unbreakable, Lucy tries to find comfort in spending time with her cute, white cat, and her increasingly worried roommate. But obstacles must be faced, both within and outside of her head.

She just hopes that one day, she will be okay.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

DOWNLOAD LINK
The game is available on itch.io >> https://ma-starling.itch.io/irrational

Last edited:

YuriGoddess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
(Originally played this on itch.io)
I very much enjoyed this and found Lucy relatable.[I have GAD and am on meds] The writing is very well done and the environment is put together nicely. Overall I really enjoyed this game.

M_A_Starling

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(Originally played this on itch.io)
I very much enjoyed this and found Lucy relatable.[I have GAD and am on meds] The writing is very well done and the environment is put together nicely. Overall I really enjoyed this game.
I really appreciate the nice words and I'm glad you enjoyed the game.
Writing about such a serious topic is always difficult but I'm glad you felt it was done well.
So, thank you :)

Josh_727

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I really like the peaceful serene look of it. Sounds like it touches on a deep issue too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm having issues with my steam account... so I can't use MZ right now, so I can't work on my game until its solved, so it be harder to be ready for 31... guess I'll get ice cream :kaopride:
Motivation! Inspiration! There you are. I was worried you guys weren't going to show up today. Let's get this thing going!
Made these new little isles yesterday, to test my new tiles. Guess they're look pretty chill...
Are your bodies ready for spoopy? 0 w0
Made a lot of progression today with my next chapter. It helps that I wrote an outline of what will happen. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cumchild