Is 4.99 a reasonable price for an RPG Maker game?

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I second the last two posts here wholeheartedly.

Your best bet would be to clean up what you have, and build a demo around the story and gameplay loop that's representative of what we can expect in the full game. Release that for free, and work on things based on feedback.

Maybe your maps are excellent, but you're just a perfectionist? We'll never know for sure unless we can see and play them :hwink:

Drake616

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Depends, I usually think of it as a Hours of Gameplay + Amount of Effort put in the Assets/Mechanics = Fair Price. There's no good answer beyond how much you are comfortable with.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, the maps aren't very good mostly consisting of generated dungeons with various objects thrown in and some but very few of the pre-loaded maps.
If you know your work isn't very good, then why would you ask complete strangers to hand over money for it?

Maybe release a demo here so people can offer you feedback.

As for a reasonable price, I'd say that what you're asking for is too much for what you've described. Maybe I'm wrong, though, and the things you've described as bad are actually good. I have no clue, I haven't seen them. That description doesn't fill me with confidence in what you're selling, though.

People will pay whatever they personally feel is reasonable for a game; I know this is a none answer, but it is what it is. There are some out there who seem to hate paying anything for games, only buying things when they're so greatly reduced in price that they're paying pennies. Others might buy things at full price, regardless of the cost, and think it was money well spent.

What would you pay for your game?

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A RPG Maker game with custom assets (of course depending on the quality) is at least worth 20.
Im a enemy of commercial RTP games, but depending how much work and love got into it, 5 is a reasonable price.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaxecV