Is anyone aware of a plugin/command that allows map transitions without event spam?

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Moist__Lord, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Moist__Lord

Moist__Lord Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    EX: Let's say I have an opening to another map spanning from coordinates 18,14 down to 18,30 or something, huge area to cover.
    I could just copy and paste the same transition event to the map, but it'd look weird just transitioning to the same coordinate no matter what.
    Is there a plugin that allows me to, step on a coordinate like 18,14 for example and appear on the coordinates of 0,14 for the next map I appear on Instead of needing to put down an event spam just to make map transitions look neat?

2. Ruiran

Ruiran Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This doesn't seem awfully hard to implement, I'll see what I can do. Would the transfer areas always be at the end/start of each concerned map ?

3. WhiteW

WhiteW The Murderous Clown Veteran

First Language:
    EN/PT
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You could just make an event that checks for the player's position, then use a conditional branch to teleport the player to the new map in the player's position is equal to the supposed teleport's coordinates.

4. Ruiran

Ruiran Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Whitney is right about that,
    I did end up writing a small plugin if you are interested though :
    The plugin checks for the first column of region x (default : 60) tiles to appear on the map the player is on and the target map, and transfers the player according to how you described in your post(only handles left/right transfers atm).

5. Moist__Lord

Moist__Lord Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/223633695167348738/392101952231571456/unknown.png
    Here's my event. I was toying around with it until I got these results and they seem to be working fine.
    When the player's X or Y reaches the corner of the map, the variable is divided by itself leading to 1, so they are teleported to the opposite side of a map.
    When the player's X or Y is 0, I just manually set where the player should teleport's coordinate to a map_x or map_y variable, it adds the constant that it needs to be at, and the player is teleported where they need to be.
    Any problems with it or should this be fine? I wanted to try relying on it without a plugin first.