Is Galv's event spawner and Quxios' Qmovement not compatible?

Niken08

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. I'm making an abs roguelike that uses Quxios' Qmovement for grid-free movement and Galv's event spawner to spawn enemies and chests whenever the player changes map. Both enemies and Chests spawn but I can't interact with the chests even though they still have their colliders. When I turn off Qmovement the chests work as they should. I have replicated the problem by adding Qplus and Qmovement to Galv's event spawner demo (link below). The problem occurs once you teleport to test map 2.

Since Galv's 'clear events' call removes the chests but not their colliders made by Qmovement (as seen if you interact with the chicken on test map 2), I am wondering if Qmovement's colliders somehow block the player from interacting with the events. The chests work fine with Qmovement if they are not spawned in by Galv's event spawner but simply placed on the map.

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and/or have an idea on how to fix it.

Qmovement: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/qplugins-latest-qabs.73023/
Galv's event spawner: https://galvs-scripts.com/2016/05/14/mv-event-spawner/
Demo w/ replicated problem: http://fileshare.link/913e26aa1d62d74b/Event_Spawner_+_Qmovement.rar

Last edited:

SergioV7

Normie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, have you figured it out or are you still having problems?

Niken08

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm still having problems...

userlame

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've encountered several little imcompabilities with Galv's event spawner and they are always because the spawned events just doesn't act like conventional events. Like, set event location doesn't work, even with variables, but move routes work. I've gotten error messages from colliding plugins hinting that the spawned events have null ID's. Maybe qmovement requests event ID's and that's the problem. Because I tried the demo and even when I place the chests below the player they will still not activate. There's a few other pixel movement plugins out there that might be more compatible, but maybe it's specifically Qmovement you want. I've come to terms with, and this is not to bring your hopes down, that so many awesome plugins unfortunately collide so at my limited javascript skill level I face major road blocks in the game's development. So I just have to rethink what I really want out of my game, and I don't want just a collection of features, and that sometimes means letting go of a plugin I formerly thought of as given for the game.

Niken08

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for taking the time to play the demo and answer my question! I've sort of also come the conclusion that the plugins don't work together and I don't have the scripting capabilities to fix it. I'm currently rethinking what the core of my game should be like you suggested, and hopefully I land on something more equal to my current skill level :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mybriguy