Is it me or does it feel like everyone is abandoning VX Ace?

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
MV still works crappy on my computer...  ...and this is the only RPG Maker engine I have ever had any performance issues with (and my computer is not that old).  
   We are in the same boat here, can't figure out what's up with it but MV will not run for me, so I'll stick with ace.

That said, there's nothing wrong with people moving on to the 'next, great thing' and what you need to remember is that ace didn't just suddenly lose it's script/resource support overnight because MV was released. I've been here (at this website) since ace first came out and will say that the influx of new resources began tapering off long before MV was even announced. That's just how things work, people mess around with their pet projects and such as long as they can, then when the limitations of older apparatus start becoming apparent and you combine that with the giant pile of resources that have been created since it's inception disincentivizing further work the creative thrills start to wane and people naturally start looking for 'the next big thing.'

It's simply more fun to create things for something new and different, where every new resource is created with 'wow, this is really needed and just what I wanted' than to create for an older program with tons of resources floating around already where the response is more likely to be on the lines of 'meh, I might find somewhere for this.'

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm still determined to finish making at least one game with Ace before I buy another thing that requires the same amount of free time with a new learning curve, and creativity and motivation are fickle mistresses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lymmet

the Oddborne
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Got a small sideproject in MV, still using Ace for my bigger projects :)

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have MV, but I prefer Ace over it. I understand ruby a lot better than JavaScript, I also have access to a lot more resources in Ace.

And my project at this point, is way too big to convert to MV. It would take almost as long to convert it as I would making it. I would have to convert all the resources I used, find scripts, or teach myself java to rewrite all of the scripts I'm using (which could take years of learning just for a small project), and I'm a lot more comfortable with the smaller resolution. It's easier to make my own resources, IMO, in a smaller resolution than big resolution.

Also, I still make resources for Ace. I actually have some I made I just haven't posted, yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!.
Just read the forum rules just for kicks and rule 14 reminds me of this:
150.jpg
I'm in the process of converting all locks and intimidate/persuade dialogue options into D20 DC based success/fail (modified by player skill). Before, it required a certain flat amount you had to meet, but with rolls, it offers more freedom. For instance, you can repeatedly try to unlock a door instead of just not meeting the requirement to unlock it.
Since we get very close: If you want to enjoy the advent calendar as it is intended, wait til your date and the day in the URL line up, so you have the final day on actual christmas and not the day before... time zones ;3
1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jurnessa