Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't really know anyone that officially has schizophrenia (There are a few family members I am suspecting though ._.), but we ALL have schizophrenic moments sometimes. :kaoswt: I couldn't imagine having them all the time though. I hope your quality of life improves. :kaojoy: :kaocry:

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
really we may notice things about people that hint at an illness, but only a doctor can diagnose, a nurse cannot, and people in the lives of loved ones cannot. I guess years back I was showing symptoms but my mom never considered I was becoming sick. it was kind of out of character on my part.

Edit: So some advice was to focus on my strengths and not what others are doing.... I should know that right?

So in a matter of a year I went from composing and writing, to pixel, to scripting in gml to making sound effects to being on a unity team as a gfx admin (they fired me because I went to sagniaw to visit my dad's side of the family for the first time in 23 years).

So I suppose I have improved, just not exactly as I would want to. Rgss3 just doesn't stick in my mind like gml does.

@just1witness I know it's better to discuss these things, but I really have been trying to tell a story with graphics for a long while. I'm in my fifth year of production for Cupid's Rising and finally working on the graphic novel, as the novel is now on Amazon :)

other stress cause much trouble. I mean, I got to work with Chibs on a jam game project as a writer, so that felt nice. but in the same light just having a hard time caused me to lash out at her and I really did not want to.

Last edited:

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel you. I've had episodes myself. Never hallucinated sober but I've been not in control of my thoughts. I like to think my thinking remains pretty organized, though, so I can't really say that I know how bad it is to have nobody understand you. I can only imagine living in that head space and dealing with judgements and misunderstandings. Keep fighting the good fight. There are upsides to most mental illness. Ask a native tribe if they think their shaman is insane, and they'll all say he is not, you have a condition that could very well put you above others in certain circumstances. In fact I prefer the term "mental condition" to "mental illness."

Actually, now that I think about it, I lied, I have experienced the judgment. It was on another message board.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@robhr I've already found the shiny rock :p

I often wonder if the people that invented mental health were somehow insane themselves?

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So americans, there is something called the Able Act started under the former POTUS. It allows disabled peoples and their families to open a tax exempt savings account that does not count as an asset. The reason being that people who live on disability will never be able to retire. My state passed it earlier this year.
https://www.autismspeaks.org/news/news-item/10-things-know-about-able-act

4. Who is eligible for an ABLE account?
An eligible individual is someone who becomes disabled before age 26 and (1) receives Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or SSI; or (2) files a disability certification under rules that the IRS will write.
I've been trying to raise awareness to folks about this.

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i've met people who are schizophrenic an they were nice but shame medicine stunted yer learnin a bit. i hav a bad mental thing called ptsd [i really hate it an it effects so much] an i hav a disorder where somedays i am a boy an some days im a girl but not shure what thats called but i get lauhed at allot for it? ?.. ... but no matter what ya got i think its a safe bet evryones got there own problems an best we can do is do our best ahahahh rite?

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@umbralshadows Yeah I have the PTSD too. It's not fun. EMDR helps, though. Try EMDR.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@umbralshadows rough. I know some Sioux that protested at Standing Rock, and anytime they here a helicopter they panic.

I can't think if I have any at this point. I have a friend who has it major though, his dad used to shoot at him in the woods. just brutal. great artist though.

I think that's the key, channeling it all into something creative.

AmazingKazuki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i hav a disorder where somedays i am a boy an some days im a girl but not shure what thats called
@umbralshadows Just with that information, a single line, you could be gender fluid. If you know what that means, good but if you do not it is basically you don't identify yourself as having a fixed gender. This might not be it, but an option from what it sounds like. Not the same as transgender, which is when a person feels their gender is different from their assigned gender as birth. Both are completely okay.

@chungsie You're right that channeling it into something creative is good. My parents have a form of bad depression, in which I've tried helping them as much as I could with channeling it to something more productive. I, too, have depression issues like many people nowadays. I took of writing, game designing, and just trying to go for walks to clear the mind.

You're condition is tough but not something you can move forward through. In your first post you said that learning new things has become more difficult for you but I believe through the right media and with patience, you can learn the new things you want to. It is all about learning yourself and because of the condition, deeper than you ever realized you can learn yourself. Keep trying, don't give up on anything you feel you are passionate about. Whether it is coding or not.

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AmazingKazuki yeah i didnt kno bout that at tha time an only lerned it recently.. ... so yeah genderfluid sounds rite bout me.

kalilachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have learning disabilities known as Dyspraxia. where I struggle with things... Meaning it can take me a while to learn something new.

I have a weird range of symptoms such as low self esteem, confidence, not able to socialize well.... And super emotional...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
To actually work on my game, or browse these forums about creating my game? Hmmm....
Tanning beds are actually vampire traps. Coffin shaped but the minute they're inside... BAM UV Rays. Dead Vampire.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/restrictions-limited-move-sets.117489/ A new blog discussion thread draws near! Command?

What do you think of Limited Move Sets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miss_Behavin