Is it posible to continue a save in different game

Glade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was thinking of doing a series of games based on the same plot since if I put it into one, it would be huge. Is it possible to transfer data from one game to another?

Like if they play game 1, the  can transfer data to keep some times and maybe levels in the second one. Otherwise they'd just start off at a generic level

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Technically, yes. If you keep the same database and stuff and then don't make maps with the same number on different games, it should work properly.

You may need a plugin or two to fix small things.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The only issue might be with the new sctipts from the new game. Some sctipts initializes some variables upon starting a new game. If the old game don't have those sctipts, the odds are that it might crash if there is nothing to handle those missing variables.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yagyu_Chan