GreenTree-Studios

Creator of Dragon Bones
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying once again to create the Excavating system for my game, Dragon Bones, but this time my plan is to utilize autotiling wherever any of my tools hit the surface.

So is it possible to access autotiles and draw one or more of the same tile on a custom scene. Of course I can assume this could require using Scene_Map.

Thanks in advance.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a full plugin for that, because by default changes to maps are not saved on map change.
but there are plugins to do that, I just don't have a link to the MZ ones.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately, there's no function in the JS codes to perform Autotiling. In fact, the editor computes the Autotiles, so we cannot access its function - only replicate.

Right now, I don't know any stand-alone script that one could use. But I know of 3 plugins that deal with Autotiling, where you can "have a look" and check if you can extract something useful for you.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I once ALMOST completed procedural in-game map generator. But before it's release my PC and it's HD decided to retire... and of course I had no backups in any external media (how stupid was I).

Only thing that is left for it is below...

Shortly this will set tile to anything you like: $dataMap.data[[(z * $dataMap.height + y) * $dataMap.width + x]] = tile_id

When setting tile then you should scan tiles around said x y and set 'edges' for it. For B-E tiles it won't be necessary thing to do ofc.

And THEN you might want to update passability for said tiles... Which can found from $dataTilesets[$dataMap.tilesetId].flags

Manipulating maps in-game is easier said than done ;D

Edit: I just tested what I wrote here and it seems that passabilities are automatically updated o_O

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!

I decided to make in-game autotiling plugin for everybody. This plugin won't need OcRam_Core.js and it's free-to-use with credits. Official release link below.

This plugin provides JS calls to paint tiles in-game and for saving / loading edited map data and it has no overrides at all so it should be very low in your plugin list.

Set plugin parameter "Auto save/load" to true if you wish all edits are saved automatically. Install it in editor like you would install any other plugin.

@GreenTree-Studios - Please let me know if this worked for you.

Happy RPG Making!

EDIT: Fixed some bugs (accidently deleted few characters while posted that here)
EDIT 2: Released the plugin!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was just too curious, so I tried to solve the problem by roughly writing the specifications of the RPG Maker style system (like a programming language).

I can able to see that ChatGPT-3 understands the problem well and proposes a solution according to the specifications I defined.

Adobe Premiere just crashed so hard it broke my GPU drivers sending me on a DDU quest. Why does this company with it's awful software subscription model and bloated software still dominate the industry? :rolleyes: Can we collectively agree to not support this company any more?
Stage 1 Card.png
struture-wise, my game operates more like a beat 'em up than an rpg. so each area of the city you run around in counts as a stage when you first get there. A silhouette of the boss/bosses will be in these stage intro pics, along with the stage name.
I still do this kinda stuff and I think this came out really, really well. Solo violin really helps this piece shine.
Currently at beginner level, checking tutorials on YT and Skillshare

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gracetierney