is it possible to buy the default music from MZ without buying the entire engine?

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a lot of progress done on my game but I want to get a different soundtrack, so is it possible to buy the MZ default soundtrack?

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can download the MZ trial to get them, but according to the T&C you must own the Engine to be allowed to use its resources in a published game.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above the licence is the problem. The biggest part is that the licence not only requires the ownership of the engine, but even with that ownership it can only be used in other RPG-Maker-engines you own a licence from.

Theoretically it is possible to ask someone if they were willing to sell a different form of licence, but that usually involves more money than a single copy of MZ would cost as it has to pay for the legal team to write that different licence.

I suggest checking for a sale and waiting until MZ is cheap, especially if you can continue working on your game with the other RM you already have.
IsThereAnyDeal.com

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
So someone like the default RTP like me? I don't know who they hired or who they bought it from, but they should keep buying it from that source. Scene6, if I am not mistaken, is a good song and very Final Fantasy-ey.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.
It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesZwei