Is it possible to change character spritesheet animation order?

Berrymongler

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! I was wondering if it's possible to change the order RPG Maker MV sprites appear in spritesheet. What I mean, is that there seems to be different sprite direction order in RPG Maker 2003 characters which go from facing up, right, down and left wherein MV they go down, left, right and up.

I'm making game with the classic 2003 looking graphics and I'm asking if there is a way to make this sprite order the same as it is in 2003, or is Photoshop the only way to go.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A plugin could do this, but for maximum compatibility with other plugins I'd suggest editing the graphics themselves. :kaoswt:

That said, I think this is the relevant method:
Code:
Sprite_Character.prototype.characterPatternY = function() {
    return (this._character.direction() - 2) / 2;
};
So you could try saving the following as a .js file (Save As > File Type: All Files, File Name: whateverYouLike.js) and importing as a plugin (preferably near the top of the load order in the Plugin Manager):
Code:
  switch (this._character.direction()) {
    case 2: return 2;   // down
    case 4: return 3;   // left
    case 6: return 1;   // right
    case 8: return 0;   // up
  }
};

Berrymongler

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A plugin could do this, but for maximum compatibility with other plugins I'd suggest editing the graphics themselves. :kaoswt:

That said, I think this is the relevant method:
Code:
    return (this._character.direction() - 2) / 2;
};
So you could try saving the following as a .js file (Save As > File Type: All Files, File Name: whateverYouLike.js) and importing as a plugin (preferably near the top of the load order in the Plugin Manager):
Code:
  switch (this._character.direction()) {
    case 2: return 2;   // down
    case 4: return 3;   // left
    case 6: return 1;   // right
    case 8: return 0;   // up
  }
};
Hey! Thanks a lot, your script works perfectly! This is exactly what I was searching for :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm back to the bugs.
100 bugs in my coding,
take one down,
fix it up,
132 bugs in my coding.
On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
A video once in a while won't hurt.
Have a craving for a Nesquik milkshake. No idea why. Haven't had one since I was a kid. lol. I remember them kinda tasting nice, but also leaving a lot of nasty powder at the bottom of the cup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shinkukae