arcadekitten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone! I'm looking for help with something that seems pretty advanced and I am still only just a beginner, heh. But it's an important part of my game, so I'd really like to be able to implement it, even if I have to find work-arounds!

Basically, I want to be able to create my own categories in the in-game menu, and specifically one labeled "Characters". It would be a menu of the important characters you run into in the game and would update when you meet a new one. Clicking on a character's name would reveal their profile. Ideally I'd like it to look something like this, with a picture on the side and a short description of them on the other side.
forum-character profiles 1.png-forum-character profiles 2.png-forum-character profiles 3.png

I'm not opposed to using plugins, and I'm aware similar plugins for this type of stuff exist, but they're usually not what I'm looking for. I know TheUnproPro has a plugin for character profiles, but their format seems a little rigid. They also don't cover the whole screen like I would like, and it seems like those profiles are stored within the item category rather than their own category. Other versions I've seen only let you add profiles for characters in your party, wherein I would need profiles for important NPCs as well.

Also a side note: I guess this isn't as important, but if possible I'd also like to be able to make the character profile change as more info is learned about said character. EX: Eileen's profile reads "Doesn't get along with Jake." and then later on in the game, after a specific event, would read something like "Eileen doesn't get along with Jake because they had a bad break-up." or something like that! I ask this because I assume this would be done with switches, but I also want to check if this text would be editable later or if I would have to create separate pictures with the text already imposed on them to create this effect.

I guess I'm asking what the best way to go about something like this is? I'm considering maybe doing something with Yanfly's Item Categories Plugin and simply making pictures with the text already in the picture to correlate, but that plugin is one you have to pay for and I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I purchase anything, in case I don't end up using it. And if anyone knows of a better or easier way to go about something like this, I'd love to hear it! Any advice or help is very much appreciated!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I making one for that, but I got a tiny trouble with a function.
but there is another, but requires Items, but I use a different methode.

but it take a bit of time, once that is working, the other data can be used to
show them. (it's in my spoiler under plugins -> ULS)

which has level, exp, and description in it. (if you want to level them as well)
or just the description to place all data in it.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you could adapt this to your purposes.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might be usable as well.

arcadekitten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I making one for that, but I got a tiny trouble with a function.
but there is another, but requires Items, but I use a different methode.

but it take a bit of time, once that is working, the other data can be used to
show them. (it's in my spoiler under plugins -> ULS)

which has level, exp, and description in it. (if you want to level them as well)
or just the description to place all data in it.
Thank you, I will check this out!

arcadekitten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you could adapt this to your purposes.
Thank you so much, this is definitely worth looking into! I'm excited to check it out! I've never seen it before!

arcadekitten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might be usable as well.
Thanks! It seems a little more stat-based than I need it to be, but I'll definitely look into it!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl