Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, I'm quite new to scripting, I was implementing this feature that lets the player modify battle BGs generation via settings (the swirl that generates for when you choose no battle pictures) and I've noticed that RPG maker doesn't draw any events onto the BG's whatsoever. Is there any way I could change that and make it so it'd draw all present events onto the battle BG? If possible I'd also like it to not draw event000 which is the player.

As far as I know, RPG maker considers tilesets, parallax and pictures as single bitmaps, but each event is an own bitmap, would I need to change that too?

Here are some images illustrating the issue, please excuse the placeholder graphics.
1629496502229.png
1629496529096.png

Thank you for reading.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maps and Battles use different scenes. Maps have a parallax, a tileset and tile layers, events and event sprites. Battles have a battleback, battle sprites and animations, and a UI. These are not shared.

One thing that both can have is weather, but again they are not shared. The map has its weather, and the battle scene has its weather. They are two different objects.

Events are also grid-based - they sit on a specific map tile, they move between map tiles, their collision area is a map tile. Battle screens have no grid/tiles.

If you want to have events in battles, you would have to duplicate all the event logic, catering for functions that no longer make any sense because there is no grid.

Most people just go the other way, and have battles take place on the map itself.

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maps and Battles use different scenes. Maps have a parallax, a tileset and tile layers, events and event sprites. Battles have a battleback, battle sprites and animations, and a UI. These are not shared.

One thing that both can have is weather, but again they are not shared. The map has its weather, and the battle scene has its weather. They are two different objects.

Events are also grid-based - they sit on a specific map tile, they move between map tiles, their collision area is a map tile. Battle screens have no grid/tiles.

If you want to have events in battles, you would have to duplicate all the event logic, catering for functions that no longer make any sense because there is no grid.

Most people just go the other way, and have battles take place on the map itself.

I meant I just want them to appear on the render of the BG, I don't want them to act or anything, is that possible?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My answer is the same. If you want events in your battles, you will have to write all the functions yourself. And a way to get them there, as you can't do it in the editor.

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My answer is the same. If you want events in your battles, you will have to write all the functions yourself. And a way to get them there, as you can't do it in the editor.
Ah, thats a real shame, I don't think I could pull that off. Well, regardless, thank you very much for your time.

Syberduh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a function to take a screen shot of the game map that could then be used as a custom battle back?

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A friend of mine figured this out. Turns out RPG maker REMOVES all events before starting a battle.
Yeh.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"16. Do NOT contact other members by private message, on the forum or status feed, inviting them to put additional tools (such as leaderboards, ads, etc - whether yours or another person's) into their game."
Oh no. Necessity is the mother of invention. Do I want to know what happened?
Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png
Finally showing some updates again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nyhkkbjyek