Is it possible to Export with a Windows PC to Mac?

KiraNet

Engel der Dunkelheit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have version 1.5.1 and I wanted to ask if I just can export my game to mac and this would work then on mac... I dont have mac just windows... But I heard you need a mac to export to mac... is this true? So isnt it possible to export with windows to mac?

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit...
as Ander say
my wrong information may make more confuse
so I edit out

Last edited:

KiraNet

Engel der Dunkelheit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh thanks then I have to stay with only windows

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KiraNet contrary to what @pasunna said theoretically it is possible to export to Mac from Windows.

MacOS and Windows both need the OGG format. The m4a format is needed for mobiles (android/iOS), and NOT for MacOS. And even if it were that would not be a problem because there are a lot of free programs to convert audio files (like audacity for example)

The problem of not having spaces in file and foldernames again has nothing to do with MacOS. RMMV creates HTML5-games, and that means that all file and foldernames should follow networking rules (which include no spaces and several other rules) on EVERY computer and system. That includes Windows, because even the windows override to force the browser into accepting spaces often fails. Or why do you think the spaces are replaced with %20 on every browser error- or file-message?

The main problem on exporting for MacOS on a Windows computer is that the MacOS file system contains flags that do not exist in the Windows file system. As a result the export from the Windows computer will show up as a folder and remain a folder when transferred to MacOS, simply because the flag that tells the Mac to display and handle the folder as an MacOS-app is not present.
And it needs someone experienced in the workings of a MacOS system to repair that afterwards - until then you would have to manually enter the folder to select the gamefile to start, something that is otherwise automated on MacOS as soon as the folder is declared as an APP.

KiraNet

Engel der Dunkelheit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the info! But still I dont know anyone who can do it or even have Mac so yeah I just keep it simple and do only windows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you'll mind a bit, ElfKisser is the polar opposite of GoblinSlayer.
"Bury me as much as you want in this pain, I'll still rise to hug you again!"

Hero or masochist?

Lol these new tiles are looking cute. :B
Made with Country Woods (Available on the Store) and Country Woods II (w.i.p)
Turns out 4 layers is A LOT.
I noticed random Japanese dialogue in the FF7 remake while playing in English. More than once. Just now I saved a vid where Tifa spoke Japanese after a battle. We all make mistakes lol, this is kinda funny though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PasalReturning36