Is it possible to freeze all events like autorun freezes the player?

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I made a custom common event menu when esc is pressed, it is parallel and the player doesn't move, which is good. But the question is: How can I get the events to freeze?

Thanks in advance!

JazzGotBlues

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It should also activate a switch for this instance named FREEZE.

Then all the events on the map should have a page added when the FREEZE switch is played they all get a new movement route... aka none. As you are able to change the movement route for every page of the event.

Be sure to check if this won't interviene with any other switches you have running (as page 20 switches get chosen above page 10 I believe, correct me if I'm wrong).

I hope this helped. If any issues come up be sure to ask this amazing community

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a Yanfly plugin for Stop Map Movement, which should let you do exactly what you're looking for pretty easily.

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well yeah that seems logical but it doesn't work. It may be helpfull to note I'm using Quasi ABS and Quasi movement which I think overwrites the games' logic a bit.

edit: 2nd comment was written the same time I answered, I'll check if the plugin works

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a Yanfly plugin for Stop Map Movement, which should let you do exactly what you're looking for pretty easily.
the plugin doesn't work for me, but the events do freeze when I open the options menu, so maybe there is a piece of code I could use.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington