Is it possible to have a character idle animation?

baklababe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I have these two frames made in aseprite, and I was wondering how I should go about putting him in-game or if it's even possible to have him have a bit of an idle animation. His current purpose is to stand behind a fruit stand, so he'd be staying in that one position. Is there some sort of template I should pop the frames onto or is it impossible?
Screenshot 2021-04-16 142703.pngScreenshot 2021-04-16 142620.png

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you create an event, one of the check boxes in the lower left is Stepping - mousing over that option describes it as "turns on the animation when the character is not moving."

So make a spritesheet with those pictures in the appropriate places for the downwards-facing walking motion, and turn on Stepping.

baklababe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
When you create an event, one of the check boxes in the lower left is Stepping - mousing over that option describes it as "turns on the animation when the character is not moving."

So make a spritesheet with those pictures in the appropriate places for the downwards-facing walking motion, and turn on Stepping.
Thank you so much!! I was so worried I wouldn't be able to do it!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png
Me: Imma work on my game! Let's get some progress done
Me, five minutes later smoking a cigarette: *screams into the void*
Just got back from work... I got to recommend a dish I liked to a group of senior ladies, and they said they'd order it for dessert! What was it? CHURROS! It's one of my favorite desserts at my workplace.
What's your favorite dessert? I'll eat any pastry with cinnamon and sugar, but especially churros. And then there's chocolate... omg, so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fmoviesfco7