Is it possible to have actors of different sizes in battle?

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like, one that is 64x64 and another that is 128x128, for example?

Thank you!

Syberduh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Shouldn't be a problem. You can resize sideview battler sprite sheets quite easily (though you'll have to do a fair bit of work if you want to avoid a pixelated look). The picture below is from MZ but MV should work the same way.
Size.png

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @Syberduh! That is a relief :) My game relies on critters summoning their evolved forms, and they need to be bigger than the base forms!

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does that work with the weapon sprites, though?

Syberduh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately without plugins I don't think it's possible to scale weapon size very well. You can change the sprite sheet size the same way as you can change the battler sprite sheet, but the animations won't display properly. You can try to fiddle with it and you can probably get away with larger versions of small weapons like claws that don't have a very large range of motion in the default animations.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does that work with the weapon sprites, though?
Does this help?

I found it here:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadAtticProductions