Is it possible to have actors of different sizes in battle?

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like, one that is 64x64 and another that is 128x128, for example?

Thank you!

Syberduh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Shouldn't be a problem. You can resize sideview battler sprite sheets quite easily (though you'll have to do a fair bit of work if you want to avoid a pixelated look). The picture below is from MZ but MV should work the same way.
Size.png

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @Syberduh! That is a relief :) My game relies on critters summoning their evolved forms, and they need to be bigger than the base forms!

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does that work with the weapon sprites, though?

Syberduh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately without plugins I don't think it's possible to scale weapon size very well. You can change the sprite sheet size the same way as you can change the battler sprite sheet, but the animations won't display properly. You can try to fiddle with it and you can probably get away with larger versions of small weapons like claws that don't have a very large range of motion in the default animations.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does that work with the weapon sprites, though?
Does this help?

I found it here:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...
Fricken hell! I dropped a bowl with mac and spam on my brothers floor, and was going to put leftover mac with whatever was still safe in there. It was only after I added the leftover mac that my brother told me he put floor noodles in there, now I wasted my planned dinner for tomorrow!
How to make a cool character 101: Create a messy plot, make the character said "all according to the plan", then somehow the problem is solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schwarzohr