Is it possible to have actors of different sizes in battle?

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like, one that is 64x64 and another that is 128x128, for example?

Thank you!

Syberduh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Shouldn't be a problem. You can resize sideview battler sprite sheets quite easily (though you'll have to do a fair bit of work if you want to avoid a pixelated look). The picture below is from MZ but MV should work the same way.
Size.png

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @Syberduh! That is a relief :) My game relies on critters summoning their evolved forms, and they need to be bigger than the base forms!

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does that work with the weapon sprites, though?

Syberduh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately without plugins I don't think it's possible to scale weapon size very well. You can change the sprite sheet size the same way as you can change the battler sprite sheet, but the animations won't display properly. You can try to fiddle with it and you can probably get away with larger versions of small weapons like claws that don't have a very large range of motion in the default animations.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does that work with the weapon sprites, though?
Does this help?

I found it here:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisyiscute