Is it possible to have actors of different sizes in battle?

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like, one that is 64x64 and another that is 128x128, for example?

Thank you!

Syberduh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Shouldn't be a problem. You can resize sideview battler sprite sheets quite easily (though you'll have to do a fair bit of work if you want to avoid a pixelated look). The picture below is from MZ but MV should work the same way.
Size.png

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @Syberduh! That is a relief :) My game relies on critters summoning their evolved forms, and they need to be bigger than the base forms!

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does that work with the weapon sprites, though?

Syberduh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately without plugins I don't think it's possible to scale weapon size very well. You can change the sprite sheet size the same way as you can change the battler sprite sheet, but the animations won't display properly. You can try to fiddle with it and you can probably get away with larger versions of small weapons like claws that don't have a very large range of motion in the default animations.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does that work with the weapon sprites, though?
Does this help?

I found it here:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelard