Is it possible to have events fade out?

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to have events fade out rather than just disappear when they end?

For example, I am using Mog Hunter's time plugin to create NPC routines similar to those in Bethesda games like Oblivion and Skyrim where NPC's have a schedual they follow at different times of the day and I would prefer to have them fade away when their "shift" is over rather than just pop out.

I used a series of commands with Galv's Layer plugin to make a "Godray" layer appear and fade out during the sunrise of each morning (shown below) but I have no idea of something similar could be applied to normal events.

Untitled-1.png

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In movement routes, you can set it to change the opacity of events and make an event gradually fade out.

If you alternate a reducing number for Opacity and a waits, you can cause the event to fade out. Once you have it at 0 Opacity, you can also use the Through option in the same Movement Route so that the player can pass through the area they were standing in.

Just be sure when you're having them come back that you have Through set back to off if you don't want the player to run through them.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's possible, make a moveroute and set it to this.event, than opacity from 255 -> 0
you might neds steps per 25 or per 50, you have to play with it.

FirelordMaria

Harry Potter Sonic Obama 10
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll need to make a move route like this:
OPACITY: X
WAIT: X
(Repeat until you reach 0)
TROUGH: ON
1602975765078.png
(Sorry for the non-english route, my PC is set on Spanish)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol
"I want custom, more lively looking grass for my forest map."

"Just set overworld grass as outside grass."

--RM Wisdom--
Any thoughts on my hexagon map system?
Idk where this post would go, so how do you change the font of the choice selection window? I have a different font for the game so it looks a little odd could someone tell me where this would go on the forum?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexyahoo