Is it possible to have more than 200 item icons for MV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I may want more than 200 icon pictures for my game, is it possible? If so, what are a number of ways to do this? Thanks in advance!

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can manually expand the icon sheet in an image editor like GIMP. Just add another row of 32 pixels at the bottom.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said you can increase the size of the iconsheet picture, but it needs to be loaded completely to work - if you make it too large it will cause lag or fail to work on mobile deployment. I suggest keeping it below 1000 icons...

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait really? And that works? (Nice icon btw, I like Blaziken, what is he wearing though?)

I wasn't able to post earlier. What was up wit that?

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it works. In fact even the ripped and illegal to use icon pack that contains over 2000 icons will work. 32 bit systems can process sizes of pictures equal to 4 bytes in total (so 256 to the power of 4), so the max theoretical size of an iconset you can have is over 4 billion pixels x 4 billion pixels. However, wouldn't recommend that. xD
64-bit systems can theoretically process images of sizes of 16 bytes of pixels. But once again, wouldn't recommend.

In mv you can have any number of rows, but each row can contain only 16 icons. If you make a plugin, you can change these limits to your liking, although they won't be displayed in the editor.

PARCB

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can manually expand the icon sheet in an image editor like GIMP. Just add another row of 32 pixels at the bottom.
How would you do that???? By any chance would it by 'enlarging the image canvas?'

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How would you do that????
Like Jules said: with an external image editor, such as GIMP (e.g. Image -> Canvas Size).

@PARCB, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LottaSpice