Is it possible to have old school styled game intros?

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by Cosmicrider, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Cosmicrider

Cosmicrider Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    As a diehard fan of old style gaming, Id love to know if one can get it to show a little intro animation before your games title screen pops up? Im just a sucker for these sorta things and would love to know if a coder would give this minor request *or so I hope it is , not a coding guy* Be really appreciated and somthing id love seen done cause essentially anyone would be able to use it who wants to use it.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes you can, and there are scripts already that will do this. Take a look through the Master Script List, or do a search in the scripts forum.

I've moved this thread to RGSS Script Requests (since I assume you don't really want to know IF it's possible - you want to know HOW). Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  3. Cosmicrider

First Language:
    English
    Ok thanks ! I dident know there was a script archive. Im not used to navigating this. But I do suppose It could be both! XD If it wasnt possible it cant be gained

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And if someone had said "yes, it IS possible", what would your next question be?

Just realized your profile says you're using XP. So are you after an Ace script, or an XP script? XP scripts might be a bit harder to come by.

5. Cosmicrider

First Language:
    English
    Haha Im just burnt out Today, But yea XP and IG makerĀ  is what I use , But If i could do a link to the past styled game on Ig maker Id gladly upgrade.

6. MobiusXVI

MobiusXVI Game Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    An easy way to do this is to make the intro using some video editing software and save it as a movie. Then head overĀ here and get Zeus's video player for RPG Maker XP. Once you've got yourself set up, open up the script editor and click on the script labeled "main". Then at the top, underneath where it says "begin" just put the script call for the movie you made. It should be something like 'Graphics.play_movie("your_movie_name.avi")'. Then whenever you start the game it'll play your movie before bringing up the title screen.

7. Cosmicrider

First Language:
    English
    thanks catus guy!

Solo likes this.