Is it possible to implement this?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So...I've been wondering if I could create something called the "use" button.

To put it simply, if you've ever played a Zelda game, it's basically that mechanic where you can go into your items inventory, and "assign" an item to the "use" button on the top right hand corner while in-game. (Like hookshot, bow, boomerang, etc...)

I'd love to have something like that in my game. Something where...the player can go into their inventory, and "assign" any item to the only 1 designated "use" button. For instance, the player could find a key, and assign the key to the "use" button. If the player tries to "use" the key in the wrong spot, it'll just say something like "nothing happened". But if they use it in front of the right door...it'll allow you to unlock the door! :)

Is it possible to have something like this in RPG Maker MV?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course, it can be done by plugins and also just by common events and pictures. If you looking for a plugin, Galv's Tool would be perfect for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D
Update... no scam calls all day. I think they learned their lesson. And I'm working on a fake anti-piracy video, featuring a fan game I'm making in MV. If I had the permission to make the game a licensed game that I could sell (rather than having it totally free like fan games are required to be), I'd use a really cool anti-piracy screen...
People2_1 added! ( with alternative hairstyle )

Hey there fellow makers!

just looking for an excuse to post this, really... :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJTG15092003