RMMZ Is it possible to implement "Yuka Game AI" in MZ ?

Neptrone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
Recently i found A JavaScript library for developing Game AI which Standalone AI Engine https://mugen87.github.io/yuka/

with this library you can design your own game AI like : (Link : https://mugen87.github.io/yuka/examples/)
- Autonomous Agent Design
- Fuzzy Logic
- Graphs and Navigation
- Perception
- etc

is it possible to implement such thing in MZ ? i think this library would be very useful for my project :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
theoretically anything is possible, because RMMZ has an open engine.

but in this case I think you completely misunderstood the intention of that yuka engine.

first, a good part of what it implements already exists in the RPG-Makers, like switches and so on.
second, many of the other parts are either optimized for or require a 3D-map to function, like the navigation and perception parts. And such a 3D-map/mesh does not exist in the RPG-Makers, they use a 2D grid-based map.

third - it is a library to help development of an AI, it is not an AI library itself. As such it requires you to know at least the basics on how an AI works before you can use it.

Basically that engine is intended to create something like the RM's event system for engines that do not have such a system as a default. The only difference that I can see with a quick overview is that where the RM's event system is toned down for easier use by new users, the yuka engine is toned up for helping with more complex programming of automated events.
But other than that it does nothing but create a variant of an event system with added options that are focused on 3D-maps.

Neptrone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
theoretically anything is possible, because RMMZ has an open engine.

but in this case I think you completely misunderstood the intention of that yuka engine.

first, a good part of what it implements already exists in the RPG-Makers, like switches and so on.
second, many of the other parts are either optimized for or require a 3D-map to function, like the navigation and perception parts. And such a 3D-map/mesh does not exist in the RPG-Makers, they use a 2D grid-based map.

third - it is a library to help development of an AI, it is not an AI library itself. As such it requires you to know at least the basics on how an AI works before you can use it.

Basically that engine is intended to create something like the RM's event system for engines that do not have such a system as a default. The only difference that I can see with a quick overview is that where the RM's event system is toned down for easier use by new users, the yuka engine is toned up for helping with more complex programming of automated events.
But other than that it does nothing but create a variant of an event system with added options that are focused on 3D-maps.
well from what i understand you can copying over coordinates from yuka to mesh in a separate function. With that approach you could use yuka even with canvas2D.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Food for thought. Factorio: Spaghetti belts make your factory inefficient as you fight for space constantly. Satisfactory: Spaghetti belts and massive clipping is the most efficient way to run your factory since it's the shortest distances.
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxx042