RMMV Is it possible to increase equip slots when levelling up?

sheeshkebab1812

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if it is possible for an actor to gain more equip slots upon levelling up. In the Mario and Luigi rpg series when you reach a certain level you'd rank up and gain bonus equip slots to hold more accessories. I was wondering if it is possible to do that in rpgmaker but for several different roles?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Equip Slots Core from HimeWorks provides plugin commands and script calls to add equip slots to actors.

So you can use that in conjunction with HimeWorks' Level Up Events.

sheeshkebab1812

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Equip Slots Core from HimeWorks provides plugin commands and script calls to add equip slots to actors.

So you can use that in conjunction with HimeWorks' Level Up Events.
Do you know if they conflict with Yanfly's plugins in any way?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a very broad question that can't really be answered. If you tried to use all of Yanfly's plugins in one project, you could get conflicts between them :guffaw: so it depends on what you're using, how you're using it, and whether you've configured it properly.

It would probably take less time on your part to simply install the two plugins and try doing things. I don't see any reason why anything would conflict, unless you're also trying to use Yanfly's Equip Core to manipulate equip slots.

Aphotic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would take quite a bit of work, but you could use Yanfly's Equip Core to make "milestone" classes with their own set of equip notes.

Essentially, make a variant of each class with the addition of the equipment slot at the appropriate level, and use a script on level up to change the class when those level are met.

For example:

Class A.1 has tags

<Equip Slot>
\\weapon tags here
\\armor tags here
Accessory
</Equip Slot>

On Level up 10, change to class A.2 which has tags

<Equip Slot>
\\weapon tags here
\\armor tags here
Accessory
Accessory
</Equip Slot>

The beauty of Equip Core is that the above tags allow the class to equip two (of the same) Accessory types.

There might potentially be script calls to modify the equip slots for a class or actor using Equip Core -- which would do exactly what you need -- but I couldn't find any.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Since this requires a plugin,

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Thank you.

:kaohi:

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The problem can also be solved without using plugins.
Attach a piece of equipment with the 'fixed equipment' feature to the equipment slot.
If you remove the equipment when you meet the conditions in the game, you can make what you want.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem can also be solved without using plugins.
Attach a piece of equipment with the 'fixed equipment' feature to the equipment slot.
If you remove the equipment when you meet the conditions in the game, you can make what you want.
That does technically achieve what the OP asked. I would suggest it looks so janky that it's probably undesirable :wink:

As a player, if I'm playing a game and I can see my character has these equipment slots but they have locked items blocking them off, that would affect my enjoyment and opinion of the game.

But that's me and my standards.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've never felt prouder of my little game!! *o*
DamageEvil_2.png added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thesailing