Is it possible to make 6 frame door animation?

Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
i am trying to make door animations by using 6 frames and i am quite confused about how i am gonna make this door gonna get animated with events... is it even possible to make 6 frame animations in rpg maker vx ace?

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The default door animation is 4 frames in RPG Maker (looking down, left, right, up). You can get creative and change the event graphics after that if you want to add 2 additional frames. Like set up the animation like it was 4 frames. At the end activate a switch, and set that switch as a condition for the page 2 of the event. The page 2 of the event will use your second image (frame 5 and 6) to complete the animation.

Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Thank you this worked really good! and i also have another question about animations, i am making a1 tile that has 24 frames of animation but the tile only displaying 3 frames of animation... so am i pushing it to limits or is there solution for that too?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it an event or a tile?

If you are planning on having a lot of stuff different number of frames of animations, perhaps it could be advantageous if you look for a script that allows you to do so in an easier way.

Sugor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can play multiple frame with this plugin:

Galv's Character Animation-

Victor Enginea Character Frames-

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sugor Those are plugins for MV (written in Javascript) and this is VX Ace which uses scripts written in Ruby. MV plugins won't work in Ace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ksi
Looking forward to messing around with MZ when it comes out in little over a week. Anyone else amped? What's the first thing you're gonna look at/try to do?
by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.
SOC
If the VisuStella videos are using the MZ RTP tilesets... I'm really disappointed. MV's look so much better. I hope it's easy to convert MV tiles to MZ.
If this thing end to be good enough, I'll be pleased to release it there for free (looong to be completed...).
And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JibberJabber