is it possible to make a script rpg maker vx ace to make a bullet hell in it

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by kitsune121x, Jun 12, 2014.

1. kitsune121x

kitsune121x the man of a million ideas but no skill Veteran

First Language:
    english
    trying to make a hybrid of rpg and bullet hell and roguelike basically the premise the player Lands End a magical world where  he needs to survive a year depends on his actions

here's the stuff I need

1.a script it will delete the players save upon death

2.a script scoreboard saying you survive this long it list the number of days you survive

3.a script triggers it bullet hell if you run into a sprite

4.a script triggers option where a player can turn on use action button within in main menu to attack sprite and calls a bullet hell for hostile action

5.a script alignment system

if you have knowledge how i can make the scripts or are free scripts and I'm not looking to make a profit off of this

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Theoretically anything is possible with script, however some things require more work than others.

I think your most important part of creating such a game would be the use of what we call an ABS - Action Battle System.

Currently there are four different ABS scripts I know of (there are probably more on japanese boards, but I can't read japanese).

If you seek the master script list and this forum for ABS you should be able to find the links to those four systems, and then you can check which one comes closest to your liking.

"scripting" in RM is basically programming in the ruby language - if you don't have any experience with programming, then you'll probably need one or two years to learn it to the point where you can write your own ABS script - because an ABS is among the most difficult and complex of all scripts.

I suggest making yourself familiar with the options that RM supports without scripts, then go search in the master script list (it contains about a thousand already existing scripts for a lot of different functions).

If something from your list is still missing after that, please make one script request post per script you need (not five in a single request like above) and be as descriptive about that request as possible (for example, you need to explain what alignments you need and how they should affect the game if requesting an alignment script).

If you do not know where the master script list is, follow the link in my signature - it is one of the links provided in it.

3. xein

xein A stranger in a strange world Veteran

Back in VX I saw one script written by tomoaky.

vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19TahJ3PfI

at 0.32 & 1.32.

also his website:

http://hikimoki.sakura.ne.jp/

I won't be able to point you directly to the script.

And like Andar wrote; familiarize yourself first with the editor and this forum.

The other scripts already exist on the forum and would require some tweaking to meet your needs.

Good luck.

4. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
  5. kitsune121x

kitsune121x the man of a million ideas but no skill Veteran

First Language:
    english
    thanks for the help